Quantcast

Who knew Miami police department was operated by monkeys....

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
He would have only injured Cubans or old people, no problem imho.

But b.s. they are not playing tit-for-tat.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
LOL at the 8 million police departments that the US seems to have. Why not one per state?
i guess you dont need as many police in a country with only 22mil people :rolleyes:. and its no different than most other countries too... federal, state and local(city as well) police

Last edited:

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
The feces incident happened Saturday, when FHP Trooper Joe Sanchez's patrol car was found covered in human excrement in his driveway.
guess we found the real dirty sanche z

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
does europe have one police department per country? no?
In all honesty I don't know. I was drunk when I was there.

i guess you dont need as many police in a country with only 22mil people :rolleyes:. and its no different than most other countries too... federal, state and local(city as well) police
Yeah I'll pay that, we don't have a lot of people. Still seems to be a touch of duplication of services that each town or region has to have its own staff, buy vehicles, train people, recruit people and generally run organisations. I remember when I lived in Vancouver being able to see three different police cars (plus fire services plus ambulances) within the space of a few blocks and thinking it can't have been the most efficient system. But I'm hardly an expert so if it works for you guys carry on.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Still seems to be a touch of duplication of services that each town or region has to have its own staff, buy vehicles, train people, recruit people and generally run organisations.
it also depends on how small the town is. some of the smaller ones where i live in Pennsylvania dont have police forces so they rely on state police, other town's departments or "regional" police/sherrif.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Take Newark NJ as an example. They have Essex County Sheriffs, Transit Police, Tunnel/Bridge Police, Rutgers Police, Airport Police, Port Authority Police, NJ State Police, and the City of Newark Police.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Take Newark NJ as an example. They have Essex County Sheriffs, Transit Police, Tunnel/Bridge Police, Airport Police, Port Authority Police, NJ State Police,
arent bridge/tunnel the same as the port authority? and does the State Police actually patrol in the city? ive never seen any there nor "airport" specific police. just military and city cops in the airport

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
arent bridge/tunnel the same as the port authority? and does the State Police actually patrol in the city? ive never seen any there nor "airport" specific police. just military and city cops in the airport
We could never figure out who did what. When we called 911 usually the State Police came first and then the Port Authority would clean up the mess. Our office was on Hackensack Ave under the Pulaski Skyway bridge. The State Police patrol all the highways around Newark. If you tried to get near Penn Station during the day all the parking was taken by Essex county sheriffs and the Path Transit police cars. In the Airport terminal it was the State Police again, The Port police seemed to have thier own boats as did the State Police. The tunnel cops have thier own Station in Jersey City and dress in the same uniforms as the Stateys, yet the Suburbans and Excursions they drive are not marked like the Port Authority Police. Who knows....