Quantcast

Who knew Seattle was in the Bible Belt. (probable repost)

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9569335/from/RL.4/

Fearing a spate of new cabarets after a federal judge struck down the city’s 17-year moratorium on new strip clubs, the City Council is planning to vote Monday on some of the strictest adult-entertainment regulations of any big city in the country.

No lap dances. No placing dollar bills in a dancer’s G-string. And the clubs must have what one council member likens to “Fred Meyer” lighting, a reference to the department store chain.
Under these rules, dancers would have to stay 4 feet away from customers, private rooms would be barred, customers couldn’t give money directly to entertainers, and the minimum lighting would be increased — think parking-garage brightness.
Seattle’s queasiness over naked dancing contradicts its usual freewill attitude, dating back to the city’s thriving business separating prospectors from their gold at brothels and saloons. Anti-war demonstrations are routine here, a gay population has thrived for nearly a century, and residents voted two years ago to make enforcing marijuana laws the police department’s lowest priority.
The number of strip clubs in the city fell to four. By contrast, Atlanta has roughly three dozen.
Bible belt my a$$. Who knew Seattle was full of pot smokin' prudes?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I'm no prude but I've never been a fan of strip clubs. I would vote to keep them out of my neighborhood. There is a certain kind of element that strip clubs attract, and that's not an element I want in my community.