Quantcast

Who knows fuck all about New Mexico riding? (April)

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, thinking about dragging kiddo and camper down to New Mexico for spring break. Anyone know where the best riding that would be dry there in April? (I know this depends on the winter).
Whatchya got?
I also know it's weirdo-ville central...

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I have ridden a few rides in NM, but everything I've ridden probably isn't ready until Memorial Day at the earliest.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I rode in Taos once in late April and had a great time. The only reason we went there was because the weather in Durango was Shiet! I think it was called the Horse-thief trail.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I rode with some NMs calling themselves "The Banditos" back in the day...

vinny4130

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
albuquerque
???? How the hell have I missed that Weird Al song....? It’s likely because I love sauerkraut. Most years we have snow/mud on the good stuff in April but there is still something to ride all year. send me a message closer to the time your here for a lowdown.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Do you mean The Bandoleros? Those guys are/were a hoot.

“Beer:30”
“Hit that shit!”
Yeah, I was thinking about it later and I thought that was the name...I was just too lazy to correct it.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yeah, I was thinking about it later and I thought that was the name...I was just too lazy to correct it.
Somewhere I have a picture of one of them drinking a beer while I'm re-arranging a Sedona "vortex" rock-ring into a giant happy-face...