Quantcast

who likes "reputation" feature?

what do you think of the "reputation" feature?

• I approve

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • I Disapprove

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • what the hell are you talking about?

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • where's the Loco sucks option?

Votes: 15 24.2%

• Total voters
J

JRB

Heidi said:
I think that when used properly, it could be beneficial.
:stupid: disapproving just for the sake of it is stupid. God knows I have done plenty stupid around here, but not since the rating thing started.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
loco said:
:stupid: disapproving just for the sake of it is stupid. God knows I have done plenty stupid around here, but not since the rating thing started.
I think you are your best behavior now, so I approve.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
loco said:
2 red boxes gets ya banned for a month... I'm just sayin...

:nuts:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
loco said:
Yah, it sounds like lots of people are giving negative feedback for some really stupid reasons.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i care about the feature about as much as i care about my thread or comments getting approved by anyone.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
norco-freerider said:
it isnt exactly something new and radical. besides, when everyone has either one green box or one red box, its pretty lame.
Ummm, gonna have give ya a red spread there champ.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'll toss and turn all night if I have a bad reputation........

where the fvck to you go about doing this?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
To the right of the Quote button 2 spots is a little block head. When you click someone's little block head you can approve or disapprove of their posts and add a message.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Heidi said:
Yah, it sounds like lots of people are giving negative feedback for some really stupid reasons.
Obviously, some consider this a joke because of the novelty, and the anonmity of the feedback allows for abuse.

However, there are plenty of posts which should receive negative feedback, and if someone was to acquire enough red boxes, then they should be banned.

I don't think that number should be in the single digits, but if someone was to acquire 100-200 bad feedbacks, it was probably was not coincidence.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
sanjuro said:
Obviously, some consider this a joke because of the novelty, and the anonmity of the feedback allows for abuse.

However, there are plenty of posts which should receive negative feedback, and if someone was to acquire enough red boxes, then they should be banned.

I don't think that number should be in the single digits, but if someone was to acquire 100-200 bad feedbacks, it was probably was not coincidence.
Then again, I could see loco getting a crapload of bad feedback for no reason when he shouldn't be banned.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I don't give a damn. I'm negamative!!!!$!$!$@!!!

I still think it's entertaining that nobody REALLY hated me before I got banned. Now it's the in thing. However, unlike Loco, I lavish myself in hate. My name is even Nate. Scary.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I believe Ridemonkey's strength is that is it is a community. People post their personal problems, successes, pictures, and opinions on this site, and we should all be somewhat respectful to each other. Otherwise, we have Rants and Raves, and I, for one, will stop posting here.

When people are not respectful, there should be a way for the community to police itself. This feedback features seems to be a way to do this.

I don't think "2 bad posts and you're outta here", but there has to be number which forces the moderators and Ridemonkey to evaluate whether a person should be banned.

If someone acquired 500 bad feedbacks in a month, guess what?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i've looked around and have seen the little green box attached to one person in particular who spews hate and lies 90% of the time.

makes you wonder about the criteria.
and did everyone start with a clean slate ?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
dhbuilder said:
i've looked around and have seen the little green box attached to one person in particular who spews hate and lies 90% of the time.

makes you wonder about the criteria.
and did everyone start with a clean slate ?
Yep, everyone did.

And Sanj, go to Craigslist. :rolleyes:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
just saw the little comments on the ratings box.

it says i play well with others.

to quote buggs bunny,"he don't know me very well, do he?"

J

JRB

robdamanii said:
I'm wondering why the poll isn't public. :devil:
If you aren't paying attention when you set them up, it's not overly obvious how you do that. Once it's done, only super duper mods can make them public, I think.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
loco said:
If you aren't paying attention when you set them up, it's not overly obvious how you do that. Once it's done, only super duper mods can make them public, I think.
yep its my fault not paying attenttion, kinda like this rep I got from the poll

who likes "reputati... 04-25-2006 04:55 PM Of you not offering a "loco sucks" option. jd

so I am not the only one not paying attention....

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
MunkeeHucker said:
yep its my fault not paying attenttion, kinda like this rep I got from the poll

who likes "reputati... 04-25-2006 04:55 PM Of you not offering a "loco sucks" option. jd

so I am not the only one not paying attention....
jd. I think is Mr. Clean, he approved of sasquatch in my rep.
You've been leaving me the dirty rep's, havent you?

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
BurlyShirley said:
jd. I think is Mr. Clean, he approved of sasquatch in my rep.
You've been leaving me the dirty rep's, havent you?
I thought jd was JimmyDean, if I left you any it had MH at the end of it...