Quantcast

who lives in north SD county? (tri city area)

just seeing if there's anyone else in tri city area that does FRDH...
anyone ever ride out at lake calaveras? thats my home spot.
its been funky out there lately, ive been having problems with the conservationists because i built 3 new bridge drops in one confined and hidden area, and they came out and destroyed 'em. im pissed, especially because i know what im doing out there and i most likely know everything or more than the conservationists do about the flora and fauna whatever you call it out there. blah, blah blah

just seeing whats up and if theres anyone who would like to hook up for a ride out there or if theres anyone who would like to help build some freeride stuff out there... ive got too many ideas for stuff out there and too little workforce to get it done and somewhat known. (just me and a friend who does nothing but complain)

hit me back

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
I would not mess with illegal stunts - giving MTB a bad name and all that. I have been out to the lake once and to flightline once.

If you have transportation, shoot me a PM and shoot lovebunny a PM.

well, every time i ride out there, im always stopping in one area for awhile and building or nailing a trick or line...
when i go to the top of the mountain, i usually ride down it 3 or 4 times which i guess also counts as staying in one area for awhile and nailing a line.
this is just my regular routine when i ride (unless im at flightline) so tell me what you guys do on a ride because ive never ridden in a group and i only know one other guy who i ride with all of the time and this is standard routine:
race the DH by the bowl for a few runs, drop the 15 footer just west of the bowl a few times, do a few rounds on our little track area, go towards the lake and do our metal pipe bridge drops a few times, ride around the north side of the mountain and hike up to the top, race it once or twice, hike back up, ride down the steep eastern face and go home...

sound fun anyone? tell me what you think and give some suggestions

if we dont go home after riding the mountain, then were most likely building more stuff of working on our 35 foot double that we have been working on for about a month and are only halfway done...

oh yeah, im not really giving MTB a bad name because the people that they busted were BMXers and 50ers, not once have I had a major face to face problem with the conservationists, but they just tore down a bunch of my best stuff without giving me a warning like they did my friend who built something in the area between Calaveras and Flightline.

one reason that they tore it down though was because somebody cleared out a HUGE area of the most dense bushes that hid all of my work from veiw... they also cleared out another HUGE area just before all of the drops that looks disgusting because its just nbare and they didnt bother to hide the dead bushes and make it look nice.

anyways, when i build those bridges back up, only I will know where they are being built and no-one else will be able to find them until they are finished and i have posted signs around them saying to not clear out any more bushes, if you dont like how tight it is, TOUGH deal with it. im not getting them torn down again because someone made them visible.
oh yeah, it will take awhile for many people to find them because i do a very good job of hiding the entrances to my trails and tracks.

i will post when im going riding once i get my new front wheel (around the middle of next week) , i just converted from a regular QR fork to a Monster so im waiting for my new wheel to come. i will also be limited on what i can be doing for about a month because i blew out my RC and im saving up for a DHS.

MTBBill

Chimp
Jul 20, 2006
Vista, CA
cheetaprowlerDH said:
oh yeah, im not really giving MTB a bad name because the people that they busted were BMXers and 50ers, .......

anyways, when i build those bridges back up, only I will know where they are being built and no-one else will be able to find them until they are finished and i have posted signs around them saying to not clear out any more bushes, if you dont like how tight it is, TOUGH deal with it. im not getting them torn down again because someone made them visible.
oh yeah, it will take awhile for many people to find them because i do a very good job of hiding the entrances to my trails and tracks.

QUOTE]

I ride Calvera and Flightline from my house.

Building anything out in Calvera is a bad call. The department of fish and game who manages that piece of land you built that stuff on, loves to see people doing what you are doing. It gives them all the ammunition that need to shut out mountainbikers from Calvera. The DFG handles a lot of other lands and the impact of your actions, may set a bad tone with other areas. Believe me the DFG is not too interested in MTB access, nor do they care what size of tire did the damage, they would just as soon have us out of there. You will not be able to build anything out at Calvera that will not be found in a matter of days or weeks. The area has enough access points that the BMXers and the 50s riders will get into area , find it, trash it all out, and leave a trail for the DFG to follow so they can add more evidence for kicking us out of Calvera.

If you have to build some stuff, hook up with the guys at Flightline. It is on private land and the owners seem to not really care, since there have beeen trails there longer than you have been alive. They are also continually building stuff out there and would most likely welcome another FRDH rider with the building bug. Your young and should be plenty strong so the connector to/from Flightline should not give you any trouble, even on a big bike.

MTBBill said:
cheetaprowlerDH said:
oh yeah, im not really giving MTB a bad name because the people that they busted were BMXers and 50ers, .......

QUOTE]

I ride Calvera and Flightline from my house.

Building anything out in Calvera is a bad call. The department of fish and game who manages that piece of land you built that stuff on, loves to see people doing what you are doing. It gives them all the ammunition that need to shut out mountainbikers from Calvera. The DFG handles a lot of other lands and the impact of your actions, may set a bad tone with other areas. Believe me the DFG is not too interested in MTB access, nor do they care what size of tire did the damage, they would just as soon have us out of there. You will not be able to build anything out at Calvera that will not be found in a matter of days or weeks. The area has enough access points that the BMXers and the 50s riders will get into area , find it, trash it all out, and leave a trail for the DFG to follow so they can add more evidence for kicking us out of Calvera.

If you have to build some stuff, hook up with the guys at Flightline. It is on private land and the owners seem to not really care, since there have beeen trails there longer than you have been alive. They are also continually building stuff out there and would most likely welcome another FRDH rider with the building bug. Your young and should be plenty strong so the connector to/from Flightline should not give you any trouble, even on a big bike.
i've done the flightline deal many times and thats where i grew up riding. one q though, why the hell did the launch on the steep part next to the second switchback on the original trail get destroyed. god dammit i saw pictures of it and when my ribs finally healed and my bike was fixed, i went out thre to check it and it was f-ing gone!!!!!:banghead:

i've tried building out @ flightline, i helped pick out and build the bridge launch on the squeeze trail, i've done trail maintenance out there, the whole shabang... now that i have a 47 pound rig, its not that fun anymore. the soil sucks now, it's all DG out there, its mother f-ing impossible to race on without sliding 30 feet off the trail at a turn. calaveras soil? its like hard sand, plenty of grip if you get it in the morning and its moist... dont ride in the rain though, anybody who has done this knows where i'm coming from. i dont understand, i put up half of a metal pipe in a bush next to the lake the day after thanksgiving last year, and built the small step downs after it, and everything is still there!!! but the stupid **** environmentalists come and take down all of my hidden stuff that had almost no impact on the environment because i was conservative and only made tight singletrack up to my bridges. wshen they came to destroy the stuff guess what they did huh, they cleared out a good half acre of bushes AND they left all of the broken splintered wood lying on the side of the trail, AND they f-ing took ALL of my tools- i put well over $70 into shovels, axes, clippers, hammers, and hole diggers for the posts, and they took it all.:mumble: :mumble:

oh yeah, dirtbiking is illegal everywhere but designated areas in san diego county and they "enforce" it especially in wildlife reserves... well that is every one but lake calaveras apparently. look at the tire marks when you go down a trail, half mtb, half mx. theyre calling me up and saying i'm the public enemy out there, BS:angry:

i mean what the hell, were also vey concerned about the environment too because WE WANT TO RIDE IT. i come from a family who has been pro- nature forever and i also come from another perspective as well, i have been surfing all of my life and i feel just the same about the ocean as i do about the hills.

no jeapordization, no major problems w/preserve calavera...
oh yeah, i forgot to mention- i gave preserve calavera the guys name who said he was going to give us tickets, and ended up destroying the bridges... and guess what, they ran his name through the FWD and the guy just turned out to be a pissed off hiker. i talked to preserve calavera and showed a spokesperson the place and they said that it wasnt a major problem, they just told me not to expand as in take out more bushes around that area, i asked them if i could keep building and they said to keep my stuff hidden and under a low profile. i'm a member of preserve calavera anyways (even though i'm not too active throughout their program)