Quantcast

Who makes a better fork then Fox/Marz/Rockshox?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
am i crazy or does it seem a bit nuts to have a need to tune some of these forks...I mean the boxxer, 40, and 888 are AMAZING forks out of the box...

just set them up and ride them...why go to these lengths...

NY_Star

Turbo Monkey
What about the Foes curnutt stuff, they any good? Twice the price of boxxerWC/888WC/40RC2s over here :-O

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=4214
I have a Curnutt rear shock on my foes and it is amazing. I have talked to a guy with the 05 Curnutt XTD fork and it is not very good. It has a lot of friction and is not valved very well. The guy who was riding it said that you had to hit stuff very fast to get it to soak up the bumps. At whitface he was on a run and hit something hard and the fork Spiked and broke the internals. I dont know about the F1 thought.

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
I have a Curnutt rear shock on my foes and it is amazing. I have talked to a guy with the 05 Curnutt XTD fork and it is not very good. It has a lot of friction and is not valved very well. The guy who was riding it said that you had to hit stuff very fast to get it to soak up the bumps. At whitface he was on a run and hit something hard and the fork Spiked and broke the internals. I dont know about the F1 thought.
I agree... Foes could have awesome stuff if he dumped the Curnutt valving and ran good seals. ...Maybe some day.

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
You want something that dives when you corner????
Yeah... I like to run my bike all the way slacked out. A soft fork makes it so I can get my weight on the front wheel when cornering.

The fork dives, the geometry gets steeper, you go around the turn faster. ...this set up works the best for smooth flat corners, the chunkier the corner the less you want your fork to dive. ...In California most of the races and trails have smooth corners.