Quantcast

Who needs a car when you have one of these?

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
:drool: :drool: :drool:

I have given up any hope of a decent car by purchasing the following item...

Final weight is: heavy

Parts list:
05 turner frame
FSA k force bars
Thompson Stem
Thompson Post (not shown)
2 MTX wheels (only rear shown, still need to build the front)
Grimeca Brakes
E 13 guide with super charger kit and 40 tooth ring.
Shivver

More Parts to Come:
Pink Cable Housing
Ti Spring
New Fork or Car? :think:

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
I hate cars. Gas just takes my money away, doesn't help having a '64 Fury with a 318ci V8. Plus ferry tickets to my island are $16. And I lost my machete. I really hope I find my machete soon.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
the Inbred said:
so do you ride that to the trail? or do you rely on other people to taxi your ass around?

At the moment i ride it to and back from the mountain and hike a bike it allot. During the school year I relly on other people...

This is my ride of 05... and moslty likely 06 and 07...

Too bad i didnt get to take it up to Sweitzer. Stupid work :stosh: :mumble:

L

luelling

Do you know how much the bike weighs? I thought that Turners were pretty light. I have an M3 and it takes some tricks to make that bike light.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
good choice on the mtx rims. i went with them when my wheelset was rebuilt, only with the 8 track stickers instead for extra pimp value

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
mack said:
New Fork or Car? :think:
Dude ... that ride is a wet dream. Leave the fork, get the car. If it just sits in your room cuz you ain't got a way to get it to worthy trails, the Monkey Mafia will have to repo it ... and give it to a better home.

The People for the Ethical Treatment of Turners [PETT] have spoken.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Toshi said:
good choice on the mtx rims. i went with them when my wheelset was rebuilt, only with the 8 track stickers instead for extra pimp value

The MTX is very light and super strong. The first thing i noticed about them was when i was building the rim how true it was after tensioning, i had to do very little truing of the wheel, just lots of dish.

The bike, i am guessing, weighs about 41 or 42 pounds :think: But i will have to check on that. Should be less once i get the ti spring.

BTW, the bike is kept in my room so it doesnt get stolen out of my garage.