Quantcast

~~ who needs sleep MT ~~

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Night 4 of not sleeping much. Fack.
So, coffee and breakfast in a while and waiting for enough sun to take a ride before work. Maybe road, maybe dirt. We'll see.

Have a good one peoples.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Strange day today. Its been a bit over a week on brain pills. Feels super dizzy. Skipping gym today and going pumptracking.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Got a decent ride in with woody at Callahan in Framingham. Good to be back on the dirt bike, but he's been riding all summer with fast people, so he's quite a bit quicker than I am. Got home and did the slip n slide with Dave and the kids and beers, which was a laugh riot all around.

Then the wife picked another Sunday night fight and we slept in separate rooms. Hoopie doo!

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I think I've missed something. What happened ro your brain?
My family happened. No neurological shit. Just shrink pills for depression, panic attacks (apparently I did not realize i was getting them for most of my adult life) and probably very soon for add.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
My family happened. No neurological shit. Just shrink pills for depression, panic attacks (apparently I did not realize i was getting them for most of my adult life) and probably very soon for add.
Cool. Address the drugs showing any improvement?

I hope so. I've lived with depression for years. It's awful.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Bought the wife a car. 2016 Mazda CX-5. Felt weird when the salesman asked if we needed financing or had already lined something up to tell him no, we'd be paying cash.

Today shall be spent enjoying the Maine coast, its charming here. Gonna work our way down towards Portland and see if anywhere jumps out as potentially being our future home.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hi! One more day in Twin Lakes, then to Crested Butte. Insane ride the other day that included the infamous Columbine climb. 36 miles of dirt, 4900' climbing. Today we're riding stuff around turquoise lake. Have a great day everyone

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Cool. Address the drugs showing any improvement?

I hope so. I've lived with depression for years. It's awful.
I've been taking them for a bit over a week so it's hard to tell. I feel drunk which of course makes you feel less stressed. I don't feel the panic attacks but my body still does with short breath and tight throat but I think they are working. It's just really silly that overall my years going to a shrink no one thought ADD may be the underlying cause why I'm having other problems. Despite walking everywhere with very noticeable noise-cancelling headphones which should be a hint. My GF laughed when she saw the DIVA add test because she claimed it explained all.

On the bright side she is working through her demons and she is super good now so she decided to start doing stuff that scares her again. We went to a pump track and this new thing that's super popular in Poland which are acrobatics halls - you get a ton of trampolines, airbags, foam pits, tramp bikes etc. Good thing to get used to being in air, perfecting bike/snowboard tricks. I went with her since she has problems overcoming her fear and foam pit is as safe as you can do it. Lots of fun. Of course I managed to land on my nut in the foam pit but that's just my luck.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work. Two huge bucks just outside of the fence this morning. Shoulder was sore this morning, but feeling better.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I've been taking them for a bit over a week so it's hard to tell. I feel drunk which of course makes you feel less stressed. I don't feel the panic attacks but my body still does with short breath and tight throat but I think they are working. It's just really silly that overall my years going to a shrink no one thought ADD may be the underlying cause why I'm having other problems. Despite walking everywhere with very noticeable noise-cancelling headphones which should be a hint. My GF laughed when she saw the DIVA add test because she claimed it explained all.

On the bright side she is working through her demons and she is super good now so she decided to start doing stuff that scares her again. We went to a pump track and this new thing that's super popular in Poland which are acrobatics halls - you get a ton of trampolines, airbags, foam pits, tramp bikes etc. Good thing to get used to being in air, perfecting bike/snowboard tricks. I went with her since she has problems overcoming her fear and foam pit is as safe as you can do it. Lots of fun. Of course I managed to land on my nut in the foam pit but that's just my luck.
side effects suck, but hopefully they will taper off once you adjust to it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Today shall be spent enjoying the Maine coast, its charming here. Gonna work our way down towards Portland and see if anywhere jumps out as potentially being our future home.
plenty of options for real estate. more a matter of how much you're willing to spend.

also TONS of breweries in Portland. i was just there if you need recommendations. like colorado, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting at least 2 breweries in portland.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
side effects suck, but hopefully they will taper off once you adjust to it.
Yeah but that's probably when I will go to my shrink again and probably will get ADD meds prescribed. Though it's still good since the shrink is good. First time I've been asked about diet, sleeping habits, other bloodwork plus I have homework.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah but that's probably when I will go to my shrink again and probably will get ADD meds prescribed. Though it's still good since the shrink is good. First time I've been asked about diet, sleeping habits, other bloodwork plus I have homework.
it'll take time but you'll get yourself sorted out.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
plenty of options for real estate. more a matter of how much you're willing to spend.

also TONS of breweries in Portland. i was just there if you need recommendations. like colorado, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting at least 2 breweries in portland.
Hell, for $265K my wife found a 3000 sqft colonial with a massive barn set on a 5.5 acre Christmas tree farm on it.

Feel free to send recs along. We will be there for thr day tomorrow.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Dad is doing his Timex imitation, still ticking. We had a huge family get together, a pre death wake. Everyone paying him a last visit , food, drink, telling stories about him. It was good. Heading home as I have to work. It was good to see everyone and to heal a rift with my sister.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Dad is doing his Timex imitation, still ticking. We had a huge family get together, a pre death wake. Everyone paying him a last visit , food, drink, telling stories about him. It was good. Heading home as I have to work. It was good to see everyone and to heal a rift with my sister.
is your dad still lucid?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
@Adventurous is just :fancy: ing it up all over this joint!

I pedaled to work this morning. Was pleasant and slow. Shall be 97 Freedoms on the ride home, though.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Hell, for $265K my wife found a 3000 sqft colonial with a massive barn set on a 5.5 acre Christmas tree farm on it.

Feel free to send recs along. We will be there for thr day tomorrow.
maine beer co. in freeport (20 mins north of portland) is also good . . . where are you stopping today? what qualities / industries are you looking for in terms of places to settle? If I was moving to Maine, it'd have to be somewhere on the coast, I think (or at least close, like Bruswick). Inland in the winter . . . :fie:

@roflbox you laugh but that's actually fairly accurate. i forgot leatherwork/textiles, and real estate.
totally accurate.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
high yall.
been getting drone footage all morning. sweating my balls off.
almost had to split a skull of drunken, obnoxious, denver-ite this weekend while back packing. I showed restraint by only kicking his cooler out his hand.