Quantcast

Who owns black cars?

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Whattya think? Maintenance nightmare or badass ninja vehicle?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
SkaredShtles said:
Only a maintenance nightmare if you care what it looks like. :D

I have a black truck and don't care what it looks like. I don't think I've washed it in a year and a half.

My wife's white volvo had algae growing on it so I finally broke down and gave it a bath a few months ago.

Who cares? They're just cars.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
stinkyboy said:
Black car in the desert?

:nonono:
I'd get one of those new fangled cars with things like "climate control" or even "AC".

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
jdschall said:
I have a black truck and don't care what it looks like. I don't think I've washed it in a year and a half.

My wife's white volvo had algae growing on it so I finally broke down and gave it a bath a few months ago.

Who cares? They're just cars.
I owned a Subaru Legacy from '99-'04 and never washed it. :D

Edit: I take that back. I washed it just before I put it up for sale.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
My new Toyota Tacoma was black, and I didn't think it was a maintenance nightmare at all. Just washed it about twice a month - since it was new, I wanted it to look all nice :D

Now, I drive a black Subaru Forester and really don't give a crap what it looks like. It doesn't look too bad considering I never wash it.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
binary visions said:
Now, I drive a black Subaru Forester and really don't give a crap what it looks like. It doesn't look too bad considering I never wash it.
Or better yet, did it come with a lesbian?

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
If Forresters came with Lesbians, I'd go down and buy two of them right now.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
stinkyboy said:
Black car in the desert?

:nonono:
I have owned to black cars, The first was while I was stationed in Homestead Fla. between the constant rain showers and the the hot sun burning spots into the paint it was tough to keep it shiny.
I had sworn off black cars, but while living in Chicago I came across a car I couldn't resist a black 90 VW Corrado, and though it wasn't as difficult as in Florida to keep the finish looking good it does require more effort than lighter colors, I like to wash my car about once a week as I have a life, and I'd rather be doing other things than detailing my car constantly. and with a black car it seemed it only looked clean for a day or two. My Thunder Cloud Metallic xB looks good all week long and my Wifes Malibu Blue focus really doesn't show dirt that easily.

On a side note I did once have a truck that was a dark dark green and it was almost as bad as black, so I am a fan of lighter colored cars for daily drivers, now race cars, show cars, trailer queens, or rods that only get driving when its prettty, black looks awesome....

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
BurlyShirley said:
...oh.:dead:
Thought I was funny...wrong again.
Actually, it was pretty funny. However, I would like to take this opportunity to tell you that 90% of your posts in the political forum are really stupid.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
BeerDemon said:
Actually, it was pretty funny. However, I would like to take this opportunity to tell you that 90% of your posts in the political forum are really stupid.
Hippies like yourself usually think that. You probably think Im "republican" or "christian" too, right?

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
BurlyShirley said:
Hippies like yourself usually think that. You probably think Im "republican" or "christian" too, right?
OMG...... You actually think WE TAKE TIME to think about YOU....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
MunkeeHucker said:
OMG...... You actually think WE TAKE TIME to think about YOU....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You apparently have time enough to fashion custom avatars pointing out your dislike, so yes, I would say that at least YOU do.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
BurlyShirley said:
No, just young and stupid.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
BeerDemon said:
No, just young and stupid.
If by "young" you mean mid 20s and "stupid" you mean much smarter than yourself, then Id say you got me pegged, hippie:thumb:

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
BurlyShirley said:
You apparently have time enough to fashion custom avatars pointing out your dislike, so yes, I would say that at least YOU do.
I guess I'm wrong, Oh and by the way your lord and savour has a message for you.....