Quantcast

Who picks the movies?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
My wife picks most of the Netflix stuff we get. I don't watch many of them.

She seems to pick pretty much anything with "poignant" in the description, or some kind of indie film, or a documentary.

Sometimes she picks really good movies.

Sometimes she picks movies that are the opposite of good. Like...light years from good.

DO NOT WATCH THE MOVIE "SHORT BUS".

EVER.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
My wife picks since her movies won't give me nightmares.

Tho "Dreamgirls" did come close. I was as baked as I was in years and it still sucked.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
I do. She will watch a wider variety of movies than I will watch. So anything I pick she is usually OK with. Once in a while Ill recommend some chick-flick I know she wants to see.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I do. She will watch a wider variety of movies than I will watch. So anything I pick she is usually OK with. Once in a while Ill recommend some chick-flick I know she wants to see.
Does she like violence or do you not?

Like I know my woman wouldn't like "Shoot 'em Up", but it rocked. Same with "Smoking Aces".

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
My wife picks most of the Netflix stuff we get. I don't watch many of them.

She seems to pick pretty much anything with "poignant" in the description, or some kind of indie film, or a documentary.

Sometimes she picks really good movies.

Sometimes she picks movies that are the opposite of good. Like...light years from good.

DO NOT WATCH THE MOVIE "SHORT BUS".

EVER.
I walked in while my roommate was watching the three way blowjob scene.

It was horrifying.

My corneas were scared.

What's worse is that they were singing, while doing it.

I am forever haunted.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Fortunately, my wife hates the whole chick-flick genre. I usually pick the movies unless there's something out that she really wants to see...which is ok because it won't be some sappy romance bull crap.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
Does she like violence or do you not?

Like I know my woman wouldn't like "Shoot 'em Up", but it rocked. Same with "Smoking Aces".
My favorite movies are action/suspense movies (anything to display the HDTV & surround). She liked Shooter and Live Free Die Hard.

If it has Chuck Norris, Van Damme or boobs in it she veto's it. Anything else is fair play.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I can't get her to watch any horror movies with me.

She had never seen The Exorcist and I made her watch that with me about 1 year after we started dating. It made her very, very upset. I don't think she ever really forgave me for that.

In fact, I think putting SHORT BUS on our dvd player last night was some sort of revenge.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I walked in while my roommate was watching the three way blowjob scene.

It was horrifying.

My corneas were scared.

What's worse is that they were singing, while doing it.

I am forever haunted.
I got about 2 minutes in and walked out of the room.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
Indie film that is completely unrated. And stupid.

I booked after the opening scene of the guy attempting auto-fellatio.
Did she watch the whole movie?

I cant think of the last movie I turned off or walked away from. I was on a roll of picking crappy movies for a while, I lost my rite to pick movies because of it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I stack the queue to about 15 and then she goes in a picks some random crap but ALWAYS pushes it to the top. Then after getting 2 foreign and 3 kids movies in a row, I go in and reshuffle.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
I'm lucky, we are both fans of the weird & horror. This is the guide that we have made many selections with. Awesome.

Avatar mat'l as well. Currently it's Ralphus, the true to life most deviant dwarf to have ever walked the earth.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
I got tired of the GF movies cluttering up my queue, so I set up separate queue’s for each of us. My queue consists of horror, sci-fi and action movies. Her's is old movies, chick flicks and comedies.

If something appeals to both of us then we watch together.