May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Seems a lot of :monkey: were headed to the race course tonight

so how did you do?

Westy?
ECHO?
Treesaw?
GreasyMonkey?

Me, I raced.....my legs felt like they were filled with lead for the 1st lap, I had a dude breathing hard behind me for 2 1/2 laps - definitely made me keep pushing, I finally pulled ahead on the last lap on the climb

I definitely wasnt 1st but I wasnt last :thumb:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I was gonna ride road with the fast doods from work but everyone bailed. So I decided to join T-blazer and greasey monkey for a local XC race. I took the SS just to see what would happen. Turned out to be a pretty good course for SS. I didn't preride, and they were running the course backwards from the last time I was there, so the first lap I took it a little easy to see what's up. Started mid pack and passed a few people on the climbs, got passed a few times on the flat sections. The second lap I felt good so I started pushing and passed some more people. After that I was pretty much with the same group, this one dude kept passing me on the flat sections and I was getting him back on the climbs. On the last lap, second to last climb I passed him and determined to make it stick. I stayed in front of him for the rest of the lap which was cool. I have no idea where I finished, but at the end I felt like I could have pushed harder. Next week!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
cool!

I raced on my Kona, the damn thing sounded like it was going to fall apart - some unknown part (guessing, I would say the cassette) was definitely rattling like crazy mofo, but I said F it and just kept riding

splat

Nam I am
I Raced! Did a Road Time trial

only this week I threw a Bit of a Twist to it ! I raced it on my Tandem ! with my 8 Year old as my Stoker! :thumb: some great father /son Bonding we probably came in dead last ! out time was 25:18 for 7.8 miles , which should have been about a minute faster except 1 mile into the couse we threw the Stoker chain, so I had to stop and fix that , which took about a minute and After that our feet were no longer in sync because of the chain jump. would have taken too much time to re sync them.

But son pushed hard and we felt good about it ! , he wants to do it again! :thumb: they also said this is the first time they have had a Father /Son ( who is a JR) do it . and they were taking about makining it a New Class , which would mean we would have the course record !

and speaking of records a new course record was set tonight of 16:27 for 7.8 miles

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
No race for us. :( Got home late, had to do laundry 'cause I didn't have any clean bike shorts. I really need to get a couple of new pairs. I think I am going to do a ride tonight with Heather & the crew though, so it was probably better that I rested my legs.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
No race for us. :( Got home late, had to do laundry 'cause I didn't have any clean bike shorts. I really need to get a couple of new pairs. I think I am going to do a ride tonight with Heather & the crew though, so it was probably better that I rested my legs.

where/when is that? - I'm looking for something for tonight

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
i watched a crit last night. crazy crash and i helped pick up the pieces, again. Cranage ended up not being to bad be i believe my buddy needed a few stitches in his scalp. not sure he got them though.

greasey monkey

bow down
Mar 11, 2004
victor NY
I raced expert for the first time, 7 laps started off about 5th passed 2 guys on the first lap, passed a third guy on the second lap so now I,m in second The leader is pulling away slightly. By the fith lap I'm getting closer to the leader on the sixth lap the leaders is about 100 yards ahead.On the very rough down hill my chain feel off the front in my haste I tried to shift the chain back on and ended up bending a chain link. So during all that mess the third place guy passed me. I limped the bike around the last lap with the chain skipping and finished third. So overall I am very happy with the outcome of my first expert race.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I showed up to a race, I wouldn't call what I did racing. The wednesday night races are usually very competetive but yesterday only two of us showed up for the expert class. The other guy was a team mate. The only reall goal was to make sure someone from our team won, we are 5 for 5 for the year. A handful of guys who normally ride sport stepped up to play so we had 5 people start. I let Matt my team mate take the lead and just sucked his wheel for a while. At some point we pulled away from the regular sport guys and I had a stick caught in my rear derailleur so I stopped and picked it out. Matt pulled away and I just let him go and coasted into 2nd.