Quantcast

Who rides a P1 in Santa Cruz and is good at manualling?

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
I forgot to ask when I saw this the other day, but I was over in SC visiting some friends a week or two ago. Maybe around 2:00 or so? I was leaving to head back over the hill, and was next to the high school I think. All of a sudden I see this dude pull an awesome manual around the curve and down the hill.. it was a cream/white colored P1. I just wanted to give the guy props! It was a beautiful sight :thumb:

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
DLo said:
I forgot to ask when I saw this the other day, but I was over in SC visiting some friends a week or two ago. Maybe around 2:00 or so? I was leaving to head back over the hill, and was next to the high school I think. All of a sudden I see this dude pull an awesome manual around the curve and down the hill.. it was a cream/white colored P1. I just wanted to give the guy props! It was a beautiful sight :thumb:
If he was a white dude with shaggy hair then you saw the fabled bikeninja pulling some classy ninja moves on his way to lunch. I do believe you beat him in the pixiebike race.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
was it a stock P-1? was the dude scruffy looking? hmmm could be anyone there's a lot of guys under the radar that kill it around here

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
A couple months ago I saw some guy ride a wheelie up High Street from the arboretum all the way to the west entrance of UCSC. Later I saw the same guy downtown late at night come tearing around a corner doing a wheelie at serious speed. There are some sick riders around here.

B_LOWrider

Monkey
Aug 18, 2004
Santa cruz
scurban said:
the guys under the radar that kill it? :confused:

yeah i go to slv and ive seen a group of riders on p3's and bikes of the sort on many ocassios, but they looked a little to old to be going to high school. Ive seen they wip out some very long manuals but im sorry to say that i dont know them.

bikeninja

Chimp
Mar 1, 2004
Santa Cruz
Coulda been me. I ride a cream P.1 and i ride it downtown to grab lunch. i always go down walnut (street in front of the high school) so i can manual down it. my ninja moves impress the freshman girls. and they scream for my sexiness. Sometimes i don't make it all the way down and it ruins my lunch, but thanks for the props if it was me.

By the way, anybody notice that the Spongebob Squarepants is missing from Burger King on Mission St.? anybody notice that he is now sitting happily in the woods at the trailhead to MC? Just like to say that i'm a ninja. and you can thank me later.

also, the new gap that RacerX built :love: , is lots of fun. i hit it today a couple of times, and so did my friend Tashann. got it on video. but there is no way in hell you could hit that gap and make the berm that was there. we just went straight. Haven't hit the flat gap yet (the one that is actually on the trail). That's next on the list.

I've got a website on the way and i'm going to put the videos that i've made on it so that people can see my creations and me and my friends riding. i don't expect it up for at least another month though. but when it's up i will definitely put that footage up. I'll let y'all know when it's ready.

also if anybody wants to ride UCSC, Pacifica, Post Office jumps, or anywhere else cool, I'm free to ride all day Sunday-Wednesday. PM me if you're down. Also if anybody has a video camera or even a still camera and wants to shoot that would be fun too.

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
bikeninja said:
By the way, anybody notice that the Spongebob Squarepants is missing from Burger King on Mission St.? anybody notice that he is now sitting happily in the woods at the trailhead to MC? Just like to say that i'm a ninja. and you can thank me later.
I saw that today, I was so mad I didn't have my camera to get a picture with Spongebob! Friggin' hilarious. In fact I think I saw you guys there too... were you in a group of 4 there around 2 PM or so? I was by myself and rode past you while you were adjusting Bob's location. I thought you guys looked kinda familiar from the pixie bike race. Thought I saw some people checking out that DC gap while I was down below across the street, musta been you. See ya around...

bikeninja

Chimp
Mar 1, 2004
Santa Cruz
jimw said:
I saw that today, I was so mad I didn't have my camera to get a picture with Spongebob! Friggin' hilarious. In fact I think I saw you guys there too... were you in a group of 4 there around 2 PM or so? I was by myself and rode past you while you were adjusting Bob's location. I thought you guys looked kinda familiar from the pixie bike race. Thought I saw some people checking out that DC gap while I was down below across the street, musta been you. See ya around...
Yeah that was us, we were all at the Pixie race. yeah we were at the lower DC gap but i was talkin about the new one up above. you should have seen tashann hit the lower DC gap. he overshot it by way too much and hit a tree. the footage looks gnarly gnar gnar bro.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
bikeninja said:
Also if anybody has a video camera or even a still camera and wants to shoot that would be fun too.
I have a Canon GL-1 that doesn't get used enough, I'm down to film I just don't have much time 'cause of work.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Sensai,

Where do you get lunch DT? I haven't found much down there I like. I always go to the westside for Chinese or Thai runch speshers.

I sometimes hit planet fresh but that gets old, same with Zoccoli's.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
I was in the 26th parking lot after surfing a coupla weeks ago and I saw someone, no idea of the bike, pimp a manual all the way down the hill and up the other side. SC is teh r0x0r in my books.

bikeninja

Chimp
Mar 1, 2004
Santa Cruz
punkassean said:
Sensai,

Where do you get lunch DT? I haven't found much down there I like. I always go to the westside for Chinese or Thai runch speshers.

I sometimes hit planet fresh but that gets old, same with Zoccoli's.
As far as lunch DT, ****tles (Little Shanghai= ****tle Langhai= ****tles) is quality and cheap, Planet Butthole is good but you're right, it gets old, Asian Toes is pretty good and there is pretty much always hot girls in there, Crack's Hamburgers are awesome but i don't eat there very often because it's not that good for you. (too greasy for my fragile stomach). Feelawful on Mission St. has killer Gyro specials. Also on Mission St., Butt Crust has good Pasta.

In case your wondering why the funny names, Michael Schauppe is a funny guy. He's my co-worker so our conversations about where we are going to eat that day in front of customers can be entertaining. example-
"feel like eating Butthole today?"
"Naw, i ate Butthole yesterday. How 'bout some ****tles?"
"It's Sunday, man. No ****tles on Sunday." (They're closed Sunday's)
"Haven't had any Butt Crust in a while."
"Mmmmmm, Butt Crust it is!... Can I help you m'am?"

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Werd,

Jacks sucks, overrated. we had a place in SB called the Habit that dropped bombs on Jacks and was cheaper too.
Asian Rose is good but I always go to late and it's slim pickin's
Dig falafel's but they too get old and not filling enough.

I just wish we had a super taqueria in SC :(

jalapeño's is waaaay overpriced.

Dude, the "Thai Noodle House" is bomb and so is Xin (but those stupid bastards close after 2pm), I also dig Charlie HK's for noodle bowls etc. I also get the $4.25 runch spesher at the chowmeintogo.com place (mission), it's large and in charge for under five bones.

I just had a burger at Carpo's yesterday, that crap was good for $5 and damn big too.

Keep your eyes on the metro or the good times, they have coupons for 2:1 weekday lunch, the Ahi sando is ill!

Dec 6, 2004
Santa cruz Mountains
Yeah i goto slv too ive seen a few guys on the P series bikes one dude had a single speed with pegs :D and they were doing wall plants and step ups at the school,but there are also These 2 Fat twins that go to slv that suck at biking with P series bikes :)
I wish i could manual that long the longest manual i pulled off was approx. 30-40 feet, then shortly after a stick got caught in my spokes and i endo'd.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
hey that dude on the p1 was probably my friend jim. he's going to take over the mountain bike world. BMX+Motocross+madstyle=unfair advantage

bikeninja

Chimp
Mar 1, 2004
Santa Cruz
The guy on the single speed w/ pegs would probably be Andy Watts. i've seen him pull 360's on second double in the big four pack. heard he pulled a truckdriver over it too. holy ****in moly.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
bikeninja said:
The guy on the single speed w/ pegs would probably be Andy Watts. i've seen him pull 360's on second double in the big four pack. heard he pulled a truckdriver over it too. holy ****in moly.
I can't understand most of the threads you write...they all look like this..

bikeninja said:
**** ****** ****ing ***** ***** to ***** my mom's *****ing *******.

bikeninja

Chimp
Mar 1, 2004
Santa Cruz
Fo Shizzy, this is just a test: Cunt Ass Bitch Whore of a mother ****ing Cock sucking Vaginal destroyer. Ass goblins specialize in Penis mutilation while they feast on ****. syphilis infested Pussy and Faggots in your bedroom.
Can you get in trouble for bad language on in RM?

Well, I guess Fock and Shizz are the only words they blank

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
BWAHAHAHHAHAHA that's some ****ing funny **** dickeating mother ****er! I can't believe how many words the filters miss that I almost find offensive and fawk and $hit don't even come close to bothering me.