Quantcast

Who (the 5uc4 ) is Jeffsy?....

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Y'all can talk all the shit you want on 29derps (or is the the "typical" 29derp rider that you're really talking shit on?), but this bike looks fucking dope and I would absolutely shred the shit out've it -- just like my current 29derp.

Unsure how I feel about giving the racist-ass Zink bros any of my dollars though...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Y'all can talk all the shit you want on 29derps (or is the the "typical" 29derp rider that you're really talking shit on?), but this bike looks fucking dope and I would absolutely shred the shit out've it
:stupid: I'd love to give one a try first though. I'm still hesitant that the weight of 29 wheels and heavy duty tires will be a problem for me. I'm not made of gold and can't afford (don't want to spend money on) carbon rims. And I've long-since been resigned to using reinforced casing tires for the rear wheel. Which is why I'd really like to try before I buy....

Unsure how I feel about giving the racist-ass Zink bros any of my dollars though...
:confused:Isn't he (aren't they?) already paid? So your money wouldn't be going to him/them?

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
"Unsure how I feel about giving the racist-ass Zink bros any of my dollars though..."?
what do you mean?
are Zink bros racist?

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
yeah really...that's a pretty big call out.
It's long been taken down (probably because it was fucking shameful), but the old 2Six Stallions blog (hosted on Blogspot IIRC) that the Zink Bros (along with Strait & Taylor Sage?) contributed to was filled with racist shit.

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
You realize all those little shits were like 13 then right? Howie maybe not so much.

I mean really.

some of their best bikes are black
Ehh, Cam/Strait and I are all the same age ('86/'87) so not sure I buy that angle. Regardless, the 1st Amendment protects your right to say whatever the hell you want on the Internet so it is what it is. But you/I/everyone-who-read-it know there was some pretty distasteful shit on that blog (and we're not talking TeamRobot level trolling). In the end, and weird twist of irony, my ching chong cousins making frames for these racist assholes are the reason they're able to be where they're at, so I think their tune has probably changed at least a little bit over the years.

And yeah, their bikes are pretty rad there's no denying that.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ehh, Cam/Strait and I are all the same age ('86/'87) so not sure I buy that angle. Regardless, the 1st Amendment protects your right to say whatever the hell you want on the Internet so it is what it is. But you/I/everyone-who-read-it know there was some pretty distasteful shit on that blog (and we're not talking TeamRobot level trolling). In the end, and weird twist of irony, my ching chong cousins making frames for these racist assholes are the reason they're able to be where they're at, so I think their tune has probably changed at least a little bit over the years.

why am i not surprised that someone appearing on the cover of a firearms magazine has a racist history

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog

You do realize they aren't 'their' bikes right? Man you really have it out for them...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Their movie sucked and their 'blog' sucked so no, I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about. I'm dying to know however because I see those guys fairly often and would love to make fun of them for it :rofl:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Their movie sucked and their 'blog' sucked so no, I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about. I'm dying to know however because I see those guys fairly often and would love to make fun of them for it :rofl:
Really? Like they are going to give a flying fuck if you make fun of them? If I was Zink and someone made fun of me about anything I would laugh and pedal off...

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Yeah, but how would it do in a DH race?
:rofl: Bad, I'm guessing! My point was only that the "world ended" by Gwin riding a 29er some years ago. Seemed like nice icing on the cake that he won his first race for spec on one.

Tim300wsm

sensitive teenager
Jul 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
Because everyone on the Internet speaks nothing but the truth. Someone said something 13 years ago on a blog that no one can verify and it may have been on a website that cam zink was a part of. Well I'm convinced. Let's go get the pitchforks. We can all protest anything that involves him.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
If you are that butthurt and worried that you might give business to some individual who had some malicious thoughts towards any group of people at any point in recorded history, you may want to stop spending money anywhere, with anyone. Ever. Go find your safe space and die in it.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Actually, a more legitimate reason for not buying this bike would be having to endure that useless "press release" video they put out about it - nothing about bikes, just this "Jeffsy" jack-off shit that wasted time of my life.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Super Racist:

"11/21

Japan kicks ass, and so do japanese riders. Teisuke Morimoto is the leader of the Japanese 2six, these guys are crazy and they rip so watch out. Soon they will be causing more havoc and controversy then we do. We reaked chaos upon interbike they reak chaos upon some japanes bike show, heres teisukes press relaease to me:

I finished 2 bike show at Tokyo and one bike show at Osaka in this month. That was crazy days. Me and Kenji displayed our bikes without paying booth charge. Someone noticed organizer about this and they take away our bike from show place....That was so hard to get back our bikes."

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I'm pretty quick to judge people but jesus this is silly. So some rider said some stupid racist shit as a teen (probably to sound cool to their friends) so we need to stop spending money on a german company that sponsors him? That's some vague reasons and means for justice even by my leftist euro trash standards.

As for Jeffsy, 29ers jump like shit so nope.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
As for Jeffsy, 29ers jump like shit so nope.
Really? I had The Following at Northstar for 4 days. I was over-jumping many of the smaller jumps and it had no issues. There are no jumps in this area so I only hit them at parks these days. It never felt weird on take off or landing. I rode the YT Tues on same trails BTW....

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I thought my 29er jumped remarkably well actually. It didn't seem to be affected as much by sharper/abrupt lips as other bikes. There's something to be said for "stable" jumping characteristics.

Keep in mind, I am NOT a good jumper. You won't catch me throwing "phat whips", whatever those are.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Really? I had The Following at Northstar for 4 days. I was over-jumping many of the smaller jumps and it had no issues. There are no jumps in this area so I only hit them at parks these days. It never felt weird on take off or landing. I rode the YT Tues on same trails BTW....
I didn't mean you can't jump far on them, you can jump on anything. I just don't like how 29ers behave in the air. They are stable as Hacktastic said but rather boring. Which is a really bad quality in a 140mm bike. I want my dh bike to be stable in the air, not my small travel bike. I'm a shit jumper too so I'd rather not fight against the bike. I get 29ers. I get why people like them and ride them. I just prefer the smaller wheel version but I'm in the camp that trailbikes don't need too much stability as I ride them on different trails then my dh bike and I need to get a sense of speed and fun out of less speed and smaller jumps.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Gotcha yeah I am not throwing whips or laying bike flat. Typically I just try and clear the jump.....ahaha

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
Because everyone on the Internet speaks nothing but the truth. Someone said something 13 years ago on a blog that no one can verify and it may have been on a website that cam zink was a part of. Well I'm convinced. Let's go get the pitchforks. We can all protest anything that involves him.
They do live in Reno though so probably racist.

Tim300wsm

sensitive teenager
Jul 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
All this B.S. posted by libtards makes me sick. No where does it say you have the right to not be offended. If you are such a pussy that what some one said as a teen upsets you for the rest of your life you need to grow a pair or take up a nice quiet hobby for someone as delicate as yourself