Quantcast

Who uses Apple computers?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
If you have OSX hit "control"+"option"+"apple"+"8"

You may already know this one but I was drinking tequila and just found out about this hot-key funtion:D :D :D

I should also mention that I've been photoshop'ing and transmitting for almost 8 hours and gone through 6 carne asada burritos

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Yep. Another one is hit hit shift key 5 times in a row. Also, hit shift+F9-F11, or minimize a window. If anyone doesn't think OSX has some powerful graphic capabilities, do those while playing a DVD, compiling, and playing iTunes.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
"control"+"option"+"apple"+"8" flips the colors. The other ones slow everything down so you can see the detail. Or, as the old saying goes, try it and find out for yourself.

J

JRB

Yeah - I wouldn't mind having one, but feel obligated to try to erase all of the arrogance created by apple. Computers are just computers to me though. I even try to be a tech nerd, but their still just computers.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
loco said:
Yeah - I wouldn't mind having one, but feel obligated to try to erase all of the arrogance created by apple. Computers are just computers to me though. I even try to be a tech nerd, but their still just computers.
and that helps answer maxyedor's question HOW exactly???

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Ridemonkey said:
Yeah shift 5x didn't work for me either. The colour flipping was cool though...not terribly useful, but cool.
Its useful if you have limited sight.

I've also found it useful when somone posts or IMs you or whatever in a really hard to read font color.

J

JRB

I Are Baboon said:
and that helps answer maxyedor's question HOW exactly???
It doesn't, but it seemed more rhetorical than anything else. I didn't tell him to take it to the tech forum. Just contributing.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
loco said:
It doesn't, but it seemed more rhetorical than anything else. I didn't tell him to take it to the tech forum. Just contributing.
"Losers use Apple."

That's quite a contribution. You know, it is actually ok to let a thread go by without replying to it.

J

JRB

I Are Baboon said:
"Losers use Apple."

That's quite a contribution. You know, it is actually ok to let a thread go by without replying to it.
It's also ok to read a post by me and take it for the joke that it is. :think:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I just reversed the color on a co workers machine. I'll be called in for "tech support" for that one. Thanks for the shenanigan!

Loco sucks!

J

JRB

I agree. It is tired, but the title is pretty funny. It certainly beats "ball fondler" from my perspective. I liked bump the best though. Since we were voting.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
stinkyboy said:
I just reversed the color on a co workers machine. I'll be called in for "tech support" for that one.
I was trying to figure out what use there is for this function. Now I know.

(and now I need to sneek into a co-workers office to "adjust" her monitor)

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
johnbryanpeters said:
:think: Mebbe we should all drop the 'xxx' sucks/is a loser/whatever conversations for a while. It does get sort of tired...

what about tools. can we refer to people as tools. i like that one and i'm not letting it go.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have to say, after switching to a Mac last month, I have never been happier. I have been a Linux/UNIX geek for about 10 years now and this thing kicks ass.

My only complaint is the 17" powerbook is a bit much to lug around, I should have gotten the 15".

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I have a 15inch powerbook and a dual G4 powermac desktop running a 20 inch display and a 17 inch. At work now I use a 15 inch powerbook.

I used to work for Aladdin Systems (Allume now) doing testing for StuffIt and all of there other programs. My brother now also works for Apple. I have been into Apples for 6+ years now. Love them.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
MudGrrl said:
I wish we had apples in this office so I could fck with people's monitors.

You don't need an apple to do it, the single greatest computer thing to do to someone in your office (that doesn't hurt anything) is to take a screenshot of their desktop, set it as the desktop background, and then hide all their icons.

Unless they know somthing about computers, they will probably not figure it out for quite awhile :D

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
jimmydean said:
I have to say, after switching to a Mac last month, I have never been happier. I have been a Linux/UNIX geek for about 10 years now and this thing kicks ass.

My only complaint is the 17" powerbook is a bit much to lug around, I should have gotten the 15".
I agree, I debated it when i got my 15, but it was just too much seeing as I travel a ton with it.

I got the 15 and just picked up a slick 21" widescreen HDTV LCD to work on at home. So sick.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
BigMike said:
I just hit shift 5 times in a row and nothing happened......... I feel I've been duped!
oops, apparently you have to have that checked under the Universal Access pref. My bad, but still cool.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BigMike said:
You don't need an apple to do it, the single greatest computer thing to do to someone in your office (that doesn't hurt anything) is to take a screenshot of their desktop, set it as the desktop background, and then hide all their icons.

Unless they know somthing about computers, they will probably not figure it out for quite awhile :D
Ahhh yes. That's a great old standby. No matter how many times I do it it's still funny.

And see, I didn't say one bad thing about apples or the poor people that have to use them. :p

I'm kidding! Please don't ban me!

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Ciaran said:
Ahhh yes. That's a great old standby. No matter how many times I do it it's still funny.

And see, I didn't say one bad thing about apples or the poor people that have to use them. :p

I'm kidding! Please don't ban me!
Ban him!!;)

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Ciaran said:
I did the desktop in infinite regression via screenshots with color inversion. That really confused them :D

J

JRB

You guys aren't answering the question. Get it back on track. :mumble:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Newsgroups: alt.shenanigans
Subject: switching keyboards

One of the best shens I ever pulled was back in high school during computer programming class. We were using IBM PC jrs. (pieces of crap!) I was sitting directly across from a girl in my class (cheerleader, probably) and our computers were facing away from each other. A few minutes into the class, she got up to leave the room and as soon as she left, an idea so brilliant and merciless came upon me I just couldn't resist trying it. I reached between our two computers and switched the inputs for the keyboards. She came back and sat down and started typing and immediately got a distressed look on her face. She called the teacher over and explained that no matter what she typed, nothing would happen. The teacher, in all of her computer omnipotence, tried everything short of rebooting the computer. By this time I was hiding behind my monitor and quaking red-faced. I started to type... 'Leave me alone!' They both jumped back, silenced. 'What the..' The teacher said. I typed 'I said leave me alone!' The cheerleader got real upset, 'I didn't do anything to it, I swear!' It was all I could do to hold my water! The conversation between them and HAL 2000 went on for an amazing five minutes. 'Don't touch me!' 'I'm sorry, I didn't *mean* to hit your keys that hard.' 'Who do you think you are anyway?!' 'My name's Melanie' 'That's a stupid name!' ....etc...

Finally, I couldn't contain myself any longer and fell out of my chair and about peed myself. After they had realized what I had done, they both turned beet red! Funny, I never got more than a C- in that class... and come to think of it, never got a date from any of the cheerleaders either! Life is great!

J

JRB

stinkyboy said:
<snip>

Finally, I couldn't contain myself any longer and fell out of my chair and about peed myself. After they had realized what I had done, they both turned beet red! Funny, I never got more than a C- in that class... and come to think of it, never got a date from any of the cheerleaders either! Life is great!
I'm sure he never got laid just because of that prank. :think: