Quantcast

Who wants people who want people banned, banned?

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
so wait...we're banning you because you want banners banned?

i'm down for being banned, so can i be banned for wanting to ban myself?

surf's up!

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
duuuuuude!

to be honest i've never seen any of the names that people are trying to ban, which says to me that they aren't the least bit of an issue. I'm just trying to point to that.

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
CreeP said:
duuuuuude!

to be honest i've never seen any of the names that people are trying to ban, which says to me that they aren't the least bit of an issue. I'm just trying to point to that.
i know, i'm just givin' you a hard time.

there should be a spelling and grammar test in the sign up system though. some of those kids...sheesh.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Yeah, what's up with all this banning recently? I've been on the monkey for about a year and have never seen this. Now there are at least two active polls trying to ban people. I don't care if what those people are saying are pissing other people off; as long as it's not racist or the like, they should have the freedom to say what they like. That's why it's called a FORUM. Go ahead and ignore them if you don't like what they're saying, that's your freedom, but don't block them from posting on the Monkey.

J

JRB

©2001 said:
<snip>there should be a spelling and grammar test in the sign up system though. some of those kids...sheesh.
:stupid: I like this guy. :D

I know sanjay

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
The OC
©2001 said:
so wait...we're banning you because you want banners banned?

i'm down for being banned, so can i be banned for wanting to ban myself?

surf's up!
surfs down goatee boy, no swell. Go back to eating funyuns.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
"Those responsible for the sacking have just been sacked."

mind you, moose bites can be very nasty

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
kinghami3 said:
Yeah, what's up with all this banning recently? I've been on the monkey for about a year and have never seen this.
Should have been here a few years ago. Unheard of mass exodus. This is childs play compared to that.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MikeD said:
"Those responsible for the sacking have just been sacked."

mind you, moose bites can be very nasty
:D

The "Who wants <name> banned?" posts are like some stupid high school popularity contest. I bet DW could get anyone on this forum banned, he just has to make some technical-sounding comment about the guy (e.g. "I've noticed that Zedro's plane of normality is upwards of ten mega-newtons off. After some FEA, I've decided that the best way to fix it is to ban him. Oh yeah, and the pedals are coming, I swear!" :D), and half the forum would leap in with a show of support :p

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
ahahahaha

no banning powers here. And no pedals coming. chain retention systems only!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
kinghami3 said:
Not really. It was mostly a bunch of obnoxious kids, along with some people who got pissy about the heavy handed moderation that went on. RM instituted an application process for membership that weeded out most of the morons after that.

It was pretty good for the board, overall. Not a big drop in membership, but a big increase in post quality.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
dirtjumpP.1 said:
python nerd
No, a REAL Python nerd is the guy who'll correct my paraphrased quote there...it's probably not exactly right. But yeah, I guess I'm "it" until then...

MD

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MikeD said:
No, a REAL Python nerd is the guy who'll correct my paraphrased quote there...it's probably not exactly right. But yeah, I guess I'm "it" until then...

MD
Actually, I noticed it wasn't exactly right... :o:

It's actually, "The people responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked, have been sacked."

I am a self-admitted python nerd, though, so I've got no problem with the label :D

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...and the Lord said: "Let this thread be smote... and it was..."

Originally Posted by The Book of Armaments

Chapter II, v9-21

“And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy.' And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large chu—“

:D