Quantcast

Who wants to eat at the Pink Taco??!

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
APNews said:
"The City of Scottsdale has a very fine reputation around the world. Let's keep the standards high. Let's let what plays in Vegas stay in Vegas."

Scottsdale Mayor Mary Manross has said she is offended by the name and went so far as to ask the owner to change it, although he refused.
1. Scottsdale has a mighty fine reputation. It's known as Jenna Jameson's hometown.

2. How is the restaurant's name "offensive"? Someone explain how a restaurant's name offends someone in a community with plenty of meth and crack. Crazy uptight sausage wallet of a mayor.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
LordOpie said:
We should start a seafood restaurant next door. Yup, you guessed it, The Bearded Clam

How about "L'Almeja Barbuda" and never worry about the gov't?

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
bikenweed said:
2. How is the restaurant's name "offensive"? Someone explain how a restaurant's name offends someone in a community with plenty of meth and crack. Crazy uptight sausage wallet of a mayor.
It is like in the Victorian era, they were so pent up and repressed sexually that everything was looked at as some sort of sexual innuendo.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
peter6061 said:
Pretty sure she's just referring to the north side of Scottsdale. The south side (where I lived) is a pit.
There's many overpriced condos going up around Old Town, and Jenna fighting to keep her joint open and now Pink Taco is just making the developers nervous. I guess Mickey's Hangover is an OK name for a bar though...

I think there was even talk of calling deep south Scottsdale North Tempe...

:rofl: