Quantcast

Who was that guy at Massanutten with the video camera that always stood on the trail?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Who was that guy? Who/What was he shooting for?

I saw him everywhere, he even was shooting and told me to yell my name when he was coming down the chairlift while I was going up.

SPUTNECK

Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Raleigh, NC
it was not me standing "on" the trail....I was there shooting video, but there was another dude also shooting for Racers Edge....I had a red pit shirt on most of the time...I don't ever remember asking someone to yell their name at me. So it must be the other guy.....contact RacersEdge (racersedgeonline.com), they can get you his name.

Bill.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Were you the tool climbing trees? If so, you need to calm down man. People were trying to watch the race and here's this madman trying to get attention by climbing a tree knocking down branches and bark on people trying to watch their friends race.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by Matt D
Were you the tool climbing trees? If so, you need to calm down man. People were trying to watch the race and here's this madman trying to get attention by climbing a tree knocking down branches and bark on people trying to watch their friends race.

BWAHAHAHAHAAHA!!

No, there was a guy who was standing in the middle of the last rock garden, and then jumped out of the way real quick. :confused:

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
I'm pretty sure the guy all of you are talking about is the Racers Edge dude. I stood across from and talked to Sputnek quite a bit and he was very respectful as far as not standing anywhere on the trail. He did lay his camera on that stump about 15 yards into the last rock garden. That should be some kick ass footage!! As for the Racers Edge guy he was all over the place. Jumped from one side of the trail to the other. He would even chase riders down through the rock garden while filming. Don't remember him standing in the trail or anything though. I though he was a little crazy but not in anyone's way.

SPUTNECK

Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Originally posted by CHOP
I'm pretty sure the guy all of you are talking about is the Racers Edge dude. I stood across from and talked to Sputnek quite a bit and he was very respectful as far as not standing anywhere on the trail. He did lay his camera on that stump about 15 yards into the last rock garden. That should be some kick ass footage!! As for the Racers Edge guy he was all over the place. Jumped from one side of the trail to the other. He would even chase riders down through the rock garden while filming. Don't remember him standing in the trail or anything though. I though he was a little crazy but not in anyone's way.
thanks for clearing that up for me....yeah, I race, so I don't want to cause an issue for folks trying to get a good time on the course...and you're right....the stump footage totally rocks:D I needed to pull it up BEFORE RDU came through the garden and all......he gets alittle squirly....does anybody know the name of the guy on the Yellow Chumba that hit the rock garden at Mach3 and exited at Mach5?...I certainly hope he took first..I could barely keep the camera on him. I'll be posting some of the footage for downloading in the next weeek or so.

thanks again.
Bill.

SPUTNECK

Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Originally posted by Matt D
haha..you said tool.

no that was not me, I got that "individual" climbing down the tree. I was more interested in getting race footage. I stopped climbing trees when I broke my femur.....then I got into DH racing...hmm, something seems off about that, but whatever.

Bill.

RDU

Chimp
Apr 6, 2002
RDU
Originally posted by SPUTNECK
haha..you said tool.

Bill.
I miss that tool man.....(inside joke)need a laugh time to time. I saw that dude climbing like a monkey over the table rock on top.(definitly not sputneck) Someone should have shook the tree and toppled his A$$ down:mad:

BTW...StoneySnake had his 1st run ruined by one of the cam dude and had to take a second run. Still did great. Have to wonder how much faster he would have been if that crazy tree climber dude didn;t get in his way:(

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
As far as that guy on the yellow Chumba. When he came through the rockgarden he was flat out getting it. I honestly believe that his tires only touched down 3 times; the begginning, the middle and at the very end. My buddy Brad was filming with Kalan's camera and he couldn't get the camera on him fast enough.

SPUTNECK

Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Originally posted by CHOP
As far as that guy on the yellow Chumba. When he came through the rockgarden he was flat out getting it. I honestly believe that his tires only touched down 3 times; the begginning, the middle and at the very end. My buddy Brad was filming with Kalan's camera and he couldn't get the camera on him fast enough.
werd...I looked the other night and did manage to get him on tape.....even when I slow it down to half-speed, he's still faster than bizutch:D
...just kidding...he was fast as fack through that section.....

I'm gonna pull some screen caps shortly and post them up.

Bill.