Quantcast

Who was the kid with the bullhorn at Sea Otter?

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Don't ask why I just thought of this, but for some reason this kid's antics came to mind today. The guy seemed to know a ton of pros, and he was damn funny, announcing "Wade Vanderschley" on the DH course, debating with a DH spectator about whether Juzzo or Sam Hill wore the number 3, or announcing that Paul Basagoitia was "riding a bumblebee" (black Kona, yellow DeeMax wheels) during the jump contest. It's too bad the Sea Otter staff almost had to confiscate his bullhorn during the jump contest; his commentary was much better than the official announcers'. Anybody know who this guy was/is? I know this is a little late, but whoever he was, he made Sea Otter just that much more enjoyable for me and my friends.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
dexterq20 said:
Don't ask why I just thought of this, but for some reason this kid's antics came to mind today. The guy seemed to know a ton of pros, and he was damn funny, announcing "Wade Vanderschley" on the DH course, debating with a DH spectator about whether Juzzo or Sam Hill wore the number 3, or announcing that Paul Basagoitia was "riding a bumblebee" (black Kona, yellow DeeMax wheels) during the jump contest. It's too bad the Sea Otter staff almost had to confiscate his bullhorn during the jump contest; his commentary was much better than the official announcers'. Anybody know who this guy was/is? I know this is a little late, but whoever he was, he made Sea Otter just that much more enjoyable for me and my friends.
Taylor Sage

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Yup it was Taylor Sage.
TS: GOOOO STEVE PEAT!!!!
good citizen: That wasn't steve peat, that was Cedric Gar-si-a
TS: Uhhh, no it wasn't, that was Steve Peat
good citizen: NO! That was CEDRIC GAR-SI-A!
TS: Maybe it was Steve Gar-si-a?

You should ask him how he feels about Freestyle Kayaking! :)

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
merrrrjig said:
ahahha It was micro. Hes from san diego, I think his name on here is Microsanjay
I never saw micro with the bullhorn it was only taylor (i_know_sanjay). He brought it to the BIKE mag a wards too and made quite a ruckus. At least he's funny so it wasn't really annoying.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
Motionboy2 said:
Yup it was Taylor Sage.
TS: GOOOO STEVE PEAT!!!!
good citizen: That wasn't steve peat, that was Cedric Gar-si-a
TS: Uhhh, no it wasn't, that was Steve Peat
good citizen: NO! That was CEDRIC GAR-SI-A!
TS: Maybe it was Steve Gar-si-a?

You should ask him how he feels about Freestyle Kayaking! :)
haha, i remember that!! then when all the WTB guys came through on their skin suits he would be like
"Yaaaaaay skin suits! saving .000001 seconds!"

MB, were you the guy with that expensive camera? I was asking someone about theirs and they had like a bunch of memory cards at like 1Gig each. maaaybe.

stratguy1618

Monkey
Apr 18, 2004
punkassean said:
I never saw micro with the bullhorn it was only taylor (i_know_sanjay). He brought it to the BIKE mag a wards too and made quite a ruckus. At least he's funny so it wasn't really annoying.
Ya, and Kyle Strait brought it up, and instead of using the microphone to talk he used that :)

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
"e-chunk it, e-back" :confused: WTF? the ever evolving English language never ceases to amaze me.

I know you mean "don't start crap because I have a gang of back up". But regular people might get confused and think you mean to say you have "e-chunky bacon back" which would be a terrible mistake. :eek:

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Might have also been this guy Jason aka Superfan. He goes to EVERY DAMN RACE. You can always tell exactly where he is on the course. He had a bullhorn for awhile too. Always yellling YEEEEAAAHHHH.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
Motionboy2 said:
I was the guy with the white lens standing near the logs at the finals. Lots of crap in a grey bag. Yeti got a pic of me at mtnx.

http://www.norcalphoto.com/cotter/DSC_0281.jpg

So it was probably me. Who were you?
yea, i was talking to you for a little bit..
This is me, i was wearing that jacket, too. standing inbetween the race course and the barb wire fence..then Jamie Goldman came up in his ugly ass yellow helmet.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
dhtahoe said:
Might have also been this guy Jason aka Superfan. He goes to EVERY DAMN RACE. You can always tell exactly where he is on the course. He had a bullhorn for awhile too. Always yellling YEEEEAAAHHHH.
We camped next to him at Sea Otter. Good times. People would go by and honk at him(we were right by the road and across from the DH course), he'd yell back,"YYYYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAH, f'in shred!" Fun stuff. Cool guy, too. :thumb:

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
MtnbikeMike said:
We camped next to him at Sea Otter. Good times. People would go by and honk at him(we were right by the road and across from the DH course), he'd yell back,"YYYYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAH, f'in shred!" Fun stuff. Cool guy, too. :thumb:
He was a hoot to talk to in the hotub at Snowmass last year.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
manziman said:
yea, i was talking to you for a little bit..
This is me, i was wearing that jacket, too. standing inbetween the race course and the barb wire fence..then Jamie Goldman came up in his ugly ass yellow helmet.
Ahh Yeah! nice to meet you at Sea Otter!