Quantcast

who watches pro 'reslen?

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
I have an uncle, by marriage, that used to swear that WWF (back in 80's Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Superfly Snuka and etc Era) was real. He'd cover his years and start yelling like a kid if you tried to reason with him that it was all a show. Quite entertaining.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Our receptionist here is Diana Hart - "the Hitman"'s sister. Watch for Harry Smith (British Bulldog's + Diana's son) making his debut soon. She's said the other day that she things Brett might actually come back one day...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
When I lived in New Orleans, my buddies and I flipped it on after a MNF game, and it was stunning. I went to two matches, and it was like Performance Art. I remember when some of the bad guys p*ssed off the crowd, and everyone launched their water bottles on cue. I don't know if they planned it, but it was cool.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Performance art is the best way to put it, although Vince McMahon called it "Sports entertainment" which I thought was pretty appropriate too. It my be programmed, but there is no denying the athleticism and effort these guys put out, not to mention the punishment they endure.
I used to love it (In the Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, JYD days) and am slowly coming back around. John Ceyna (sp?) is cool, my son and I like to see him wrassle...

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Professional Wrestling should be added to gymnastics and figure skating on the manlaws list. Hairless, greased-up 'roidboys performing homo-erotic moves in a vomitous soap opera? I think not. I sink no lower than Gwar can take me.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
dirtydirtysouf said:
thats pretty cool......who is he going to work with?
Harry? I dunno...he has a contract with WWE and that's about all I know. His first match is going to be with Randy Orton in Toronto, I think...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There is a muffler shop in Gresham that is owned by Rowdy Roddy Piper :D

I watched it in it's hay days of the mid 80's and went to see a few at Arco Arena. Now I stick to UFC and other planned beatings.