Quantcast

Who will be at the Downieville Classic this weekend?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Does anyone have any room for me and my car? I'm planning on sleeping in the back so all I need is a place to park.

Or if anyone wants to drive up with me we can find a place to camp. Let me know.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Dang... you boys are all gonna' be up in Downieville this weekend, which is fine by me.

Means less riders on the trails at Northstar for me.

I'll be at the Star Sat/Sunday with some other guys.

Ringer

Monkey
Mar 4, 2008
im going. when are you leaving josh? ill be sleeping in the truck to. prob just gunna skip the paying for campsite thing and find somewhere to bumb it. i have this whole week off, so im thinking about going up wed/thurs and staying through, to acclimate and ride a bit.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Dang... you boys are all gonna' be up in Downieville this weekend, which is fine by me.

Means less riders on the trails at Northstar for me.

I'll be at the Star Sat/Sunday with some other guys.
Yeah yeah yeah... How was the honeymoon dude?! Still no big bike for me. Waiting on more parts...

im going. when are you leaving josh? ill be sleeping in the truck to. prob just gunna skip the paying for campsite thing and find somewhere to bumb it. i have this whole week off, so im thinking about going up wed/thurs and staying through, to acclimate and ride a bit.
Sweet! Yeah, I'm into the skipping out on the campsite thing too I think. I am planning on just parking somewhere to sleep in the back of the wagon.

I'm heading up Friday evening. I have the day off but I have some obligations to take care of in town before I go.

Speaking of parts, think you can bring along the crank arms and seat post? =]

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Joshy,

Honeymoon was amazing. Great R & R. MUCH needed. Did some hiking, lots of sleeping in, and lots of laying around on the beach and by the pool. I even read a book! LOL!

Are you racing this weekend? Or just going to watch?

May 13, 2008
The Bay.
I am camping in the area all weekend through the following weds.......
Josh I am way up on a ridge towards truckee kinda of a drive but it is secluded.....

Anyone gonna be up there monday after the festival?

I was planning on riding d-ville sunday but the damn festival is in town.....
so now im gonna bomb it monday or tuesday......

anyone care to join in?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Joshy,

Honeymoon was amazing. Great R & R. MUCH needed. Did some hiking, lots of sleeping in, and lots of laying around on the beach and by the pool. I even read a book! LOL!

Are you racing this weekend? Or just going to watch?
I am going up to race. Booyeah. Should be fun.

Glad to hear about the honeymood man. Can't beat some good ole R&R.

I am camping in the area all weekend through the following weds.......
Josh I am way up on a ridge towards truckee kinda of a drive but it is secluded.....

Anyone gonna be up there monday after the festival?

I was planning on riding d-ville sunday but the damn festival is in town.....
so now im gonna bomb it monday or tuesday......

anyone care to join in?
Sweet! We will have to meet up while were both out there for sure. Are you registered?

May 13, 2008
The Bay.
Not racing this trip was planned before i even thought about downieville.
Just happened to be the same weekend.

Yeah man You got the cellie? hit me up if you need a place to sleep i will have an extra cot i think as well..

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Josh:

We'll be buying our ridiculously oversized HD TV tomorrow (compliments of wedding gifts of the BestBuy Gift Card persuasion. LOL!), so we'll have a a nice little tv setup sometime soon. :-) Then you and the lady will have to come over for dinner one night.

Ringer

Monkey
Mar 4, 2008
Josh:

We'll be buying our ridiculously oversized HD TV tomorrow (compliments of wedding gifts of the BestBuy Gift Card persuasion. LOL!), so we'll have a a nice little tv setup sometime soon. :-) Then you and the lady will have to come over for dinner one night.

Can i bring grant? :banana:

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Grant will pee and poo on everything.

He will have to sit out on the balcony with the pigeons.

On a slightly-related note, a pigeon made a nest with two eggs behind my stack of 4 tires on my balcony. It scared the piss out of me when I moved the tires yesterday, and a gigantic pigeon went flying up into the air.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I have. We did some UC riding a while ago. He also beat me by a second at the CCCX finals. =]

Thanks Mike! We for sure have to chill soon.

Ringer

Monkey
Mar 4, 2008
stand and mash the climb. you will be find on it. my single ring will be the death of me. 36T for cross country and dh. ohhh boy. i do not have your number...dont htink

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Scott - just sent you a text to your number (I think). haha hope its you.

Also, I'm running the single ring 36t up front too. =] There will be some uphill mashing for me.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Damn you and your fancy seat post. My stupid manual one will be the death of me on the climb.

Scott, you have my phone number right?
DVille is not too tech so only lower your seat a little from your XC height to begin with. When you get to the bridge just ride with your seat down as long as you can take it, alternating between sitting and standing, then when you're thoroughly smoked, hop off and run with your bike for a bit to use differnet muslces, then jump back on and stand up to get that last bit of steep section out of the way. That's what I did when I was up there last and it worked pretty good.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I think the 50" 1080p 30,000:1 Samsung that Jehn and I bought last night was a tad much.

My eyes hurt.

But I'll be watching Demolition Man tonight, and will feel good watching John Spartan beat the piss out of Simon Phoenix until my retinas burn out. :D

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I think the 50" 1080p 30,000:1 Samsung that Jehn and I bought last night was a tad much.

My eyes hurt.

But I'll be watching Demolition Man tonight, and will feel good watching John Spartan beat the piss out of Simon Phoenix until my retinas burn out. :D
**** yeah, that thing sounds awesome. Curious how much you dropped on that bad boy. Emily and I were thinking something similar to that for our new place.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
**** yeah, that thing sounds awesome. Curious how much you dropped on that bad boy. Emily and I were thinking something similar to that for our new place.
We got a ton of gift cards from Best Buy, so it wasn't that bad.

But I think out the door it would have been something like $2,300.

Wait a week or two, and just watch. Prices will drop another $100-$200 because all the new stuff comes out near the middle/end of July.

On a side note, a lot of the older 720p TV's look just as good as the 1080p TV's, and are 20-35% cheaper. Just keep that in mind.

And shop at Fry's... they're cheaper. :)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Family crisis handled (for now).
Procrastination period done.
Packed (did that early this week).
Fixed my aerobed leak.
Have to put a pissed off post in the PAWN forum.
See you in DVille (I will be riding a Test Bike Enduro).