Quantcast

Who You Are, What You Ride, Where You Ride.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
TM1 said:
OK, The jump looks spooky. I totally believe it's much easier than people are imagining. Simply rolling the run up will put a bike right on the lander. Granted, lofting the bike 3-6' up from the lip for a 15'+ drop to the lander.

If it was flat you'd have to scream down the run up and pray you make it over the lip of the lower jump.

Yeah, I could have made it with a smaller kicker so the jump wasn't so intimidating. That was the original plan. To make it at the same level as everything else around. But, I wanted to raise the bar to a new level for this part of the world.

Only a couple people have actually seen it, so, I think it would be a good idea to hold off on any opinions till after we see how it rides.

No, I will not dumb it down.

Sorry for the thread hijack. Please resume, ignore all this nonscence.

BTW, I ride a Ti hardtail and a Kona Kickapu. Mostly here at Tar and around the triangle. I hit Hobby park, Kitsuma and Bent Creek on my regular pilgramages back home to Sequatchie County Tenn were I have another network of trails at Lewis Chapel TN.
now THAT is the type of trailbuilding attitude i like to hear. never make apologies for how and what you build. i'm still joey i'm still on a d.h. 9 and i'm stil lurking around windrock. (and i'm still building to raise the bar.)

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
dhbuilder said:
now THAT is the type of trailbuilding attitude i like to hear. never make apologies for how and what you build.
I think that is certainly true if you are riding what you build. If you do not ride what you build, then I think giving some credence to the imput of others is reasonable.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
SuboptimusPrime said:
I think that is certainly true if you are riding what you build. If you do not ride what you build, then I think giving some credence to the imput of others is reasonable.
Uh oh....here we go......

I agree with you, just for the record

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
Buck
P-2 w/ flick+, soul cycles roscoe=24s, dropped sherman firefly (100mm)

my house, fishin hole, mikes, cp, roanoke VA--alot of places that dont come to mind at the moment

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
SuboptimusPrime said:
You've never had a problem riding any of the other things I've built. You've worked with me. Was there ever a time while building a stunt or jump that your opinion and input wasn't requested or respected?

Zach is the only one with the skills to hit it that has even seen it. All other opinions at this point are crap. Much like that statement. And, until it's hit (if ever) all opinions are simply conjecture

Not that it's any excuse, but, I hit my first jump at age 47 and 2 months later seperated my Right ankle from the rest of my body. Spent a year in a cast and a boot from that one, and have never fully recovered. Now almost eight years (and as many broken bones) later I am just now taking air again.

I make no claims to have riding skills. My building skills come from way to many years of experience, a knowledge of physics and an over active imagination.

As a young man I rode 10 speeds on the road. Mountain bikes weren't invented till I was nearly 30. I chose to invest my time flying and building Hang Gliders. I'll never regret that desicion. A couple thousand hours flying Hang Gliders has given me a fair understanding of fluid motion and more air time than anyone on these boards.

What I've built should speak for it itself.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
TM1 said:
You've never had a problem riding any of the other things I've built.

Zach is the only one with the skills to hit it that has even seen it. All other opinions at this point are crap. Much like that statement. I give credence to the the riders who can show me were the line that works is.

What if I do it? :cool:

I might! Expecially if I get a shiver dc for my bighit! :drool:

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
There are more people able to hit it then myself, granted of those people im one to have seen it... I can think of Tom and Keagan off the top of my head but we would probable stand around looking at it for awhile im sure tryin to decide. Doesnt suprise me Craig would try it either, he heals fast......

I think its crazy but hittable.

santacruzed

Monkey
Nov 6, 2004
hickory, nc
TM1 said:
My building skills come from way to many years of experience, a knowledge of physics and an over active imagination.

thats awesome....we need more like that (joey you're included in the "good building skills group" also):rolleyes:

oh and yeah....im up to hit it also once "that" time of year rolls around...or can i hit it now?

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
Craig, I got to admit it you have really come a long way in the last year. I hope Tar has been at least a part of the reason for that progress. Yeah, I think you'll be ready. Just bring the full face and body armor.

No question Keegan could nail it. Y'all would have to be as twisted as Murphy to not think long and hard before the first go at it.

Santacruzed, Hunting season is over after Jan 1. Everything here will be by appointment only. You want to ride just PM me. That goes for the rest of y'uns too. If there is interest I'll put in the time to complete the tower and put in the DJ's in the back 40.

Now can we get back to hearing about Who What and Where?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
santacruzed said:
pm sent TM1

last thread derailment.....honest
some folks are a little too anal about thread derailment. say what you want where you want, until they pay for your internet provider.

still joey-still at the rock-still rippen it up on a yeti.

enormungus

Chimp
Jan 2, 2006
Greensboro
-Who am I- Gabe
-What do I ride- Standard STA: bars/pedals/rear hub(coming wednesday)=Odyssey, stem= Primo, headset= Tank, rims= Sun BFR, yadda yadda yadda...
-Where do I ride- Country Park, downtown, anywhere I happen to find myself with my bike, Greensboro NC

pic of my bike with horrible lighting

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
hey I think I know you. You were riding out at CP one day, pulling the 360's onto the table, and u had no back brake. aha cool man, I was riding that brown Iron horse dually

santacruzed

Monkey
Nov 6, 2004
hickory, nc
dhbuilder said:
some folks are a little too anal about thread derailment. say what you want where you want, until they pay for your internet provider.

still joey-still at the rock-still rippen it up on a yeti.

eye eye capitan joey

adevault

Chimp
Sep 29, 2004
who am I: andy devault
what I ride: vp free & blur 4x
where I ride: country park jumps, cone trails, pee wees, snowshoe, urban--wherever. Love to ride with motomike, tubby, zach, merrit, chase and the rest of the g-boro crew. Cant wait to try tar river and chhs trails, and moto mikes house.

where is CHHS?
Legend?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
adevault said:
where I ride: country park jumps, cone trails, pee wees, snowshoe, urban--wherever. Love to ride with motomike, tubby, zach, merrit, chase and the rest of the g-boro crew. Cant wait to try tar river and chhs trails, and moto mikes house.

where is CHHS?
Legend?
Punk!!!! How have you been man?

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
adevault said:

where is CHHS?
Legend?

Chhs is in Chapel Hill!
Legend Park is in Clayton!

Check www.trianglemtb.com for directions to Legend! Workday/ride this Saturday.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
adevault said:

where is CHHS?
Legend?
Andy check your PMs brotha. top right corner of the page

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
adevault said:

where is CHHS?
Legend?
'bout time you made it on here! super clever screen name too :thumb: ;)

adevault said:

where is CHHS?
Legend?
CHHS is west on I-40 take the 40 west split (not N.85) take the Martin Luther King prkwy exit and go right, if you travel long enough you'll make it to franklin st. and UNC campus (good urban). the rest i can tell you if you are serious. but like i said in the other thread if anyone wants to head out there for a day i'd be happy to go back to the ole stompin grounds.

also I'm Jacob Stewart. I ride an azonic steelhead with a '02 shiver SC. i grew up on chhs trails and the durham streets, just started hittin up the zone and downtown g-borro/UNCGangsta campus. been to tsali trails and other shiznit around NC.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
legend_killer said:
hey yankee, this the SOUTH. last time I looked at map new hamster was in yankeeland
Yeah! and sinse you doesnt live in the South, and your state wasnt part of the konfedericy you cant post in our fourum disun is fer southerners onli!

(I think I made it obvious, but since I wouldnt put it past some monkies to take me seriously, that was 100% sarcasm)

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
Not all of us are still fightin the old war. We even let some of them live down here. That's what we got the Containment area for. (Cary NC = Containment Area for Relocated Yankees)

Why some of my best friends are CARY Critters.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
to be brutally honest. some of the best people that i've ever ridden with here at windrock, come down from michigan twice a year.

you couldn't ask for a better group of riders. even if they do live on the wrong side of the mason-dixon line.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
TM1 said:
Not all of us are still fightin the old war. We even let some of them live down here. That's what we got the Containment area for. (Cary NC = Containment Area for Relocated Yankees)

Why some of my best friends are CARY Critters.
That great Bryan! I'm gonna remember that one. :)

lukedogg

Chimp
Nov 24, 2005
luke d o dubbel g. i'm a 30 year old man riding an s&m BMX cruiser kid bike. i like sunsets, walks on the beach, cooking, reading romance novels and riding country park ("the zone"). i also throw down some wicked stiff old man style dead sailors and say things like "let's build a rythm section". i race bmx for factory re:cycles and i think moto mike is dreamy. please don't judge me. wurd.