Quantcast

Whoever invented the ice cream sandwich..

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
I totally agree with you, I keep them in the freezer about eight months of the year and probably eat about 200 or so. Nothing says you should just eat one. I think in the old days they were bigger anyways. The really brilliant thing about the ice cream sandwich is that you have a cookie and ice cream in one bar. If you are hungry for a cookie, just grab an ice cream sandwich-its even better. Another great thing down at the local Safeway I can buy them for $3 or $3.50 for 12-cant beat that.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
What do you think of the "reverse" ones--you know, with the vanilla flavored cookie and the choclate ice cream filling? My wife gets both kind, but I only get into those as a last resort----when I've eaten the rest of the original style ones. :thumb:

I mean, I get to feeling kinda guilty when I like, go off and woof down 3 or 4 of them in the blink of an eye............ :oink:

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I had this discussion with a friend yesterday..........

Ice Cream sandwiches are good...but I can't eat the dmn things.
I revert to being 3.......and it gets all over my fingers and teeth......

Definitely not something I eat in front of other people.

It's the same with Chipotle, Red Robin...and anything else that is wrapped....I can't eat them because I make such a mess..

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Has anyone ever had a "Magnum Double"? We were only able to find them when we were in Europe, but they were akin to the ultimate ice cream bar. :drool: :drool: :drool:

I'm sure our European :monkey:s will attest to the Double's goodness.

I sure wish I could get 'em over here. :mad:

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Another thing great about the Ice Cream sandwich is that dogs love them. Lets say your not hungry for a whole ice cream sandwich but you only want half. If you break it in half and you have a fairly good sized dog he can eat one half the sandwich in about .5 seconds without leaving a trace. The perfect snack for a dog that isnt supposed to eat "people food". Its gone so fast that your wife-gf wont even know the dog got a snack.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
RRICA!! Break it out. I know you want to.

And why not a picture of Bear while you're at it?

:p
As I said...in due time...in due time...however, I WILL accomodate you with a picture of....BEAR! :D

This picture...no matter how many times I see it...never fails to make me laugh! I wonder if Bear, when placing that photo on the intarweb realized how many emotions it would bring to those around the world...joy, revulson...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dh girlie said:
No that was...who WAS that...Stoney, I believe...or the guy who had to go to the hospital cuz he had a peanut butter jar lodged up his ass, and when they asked him how it happened, he told doctors that he fell on it while washing his dog...:think: :eek:
Stoney had to get a peanut butter jar pulled out of his a$$? :think: He might want to consider *not* telling people about something like that. :D

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
Stoney had to get a peanut butter jar pulled out of his a$$? :think: He might want to consider *not* telling people about that. :D
No no no...don't peg me with starting such a rumor...that I heard on the news of the weird. There was some funny schit going on in one of the infamous 'shaved junk' threads...and stinkyboy asked if he should shave his junk and I said...if you'd like to have your sack licked during oral gratification it would be a good idea...and someone...I THINK Stoney came in with some comment about getting his sack licked all the time and DRB and I (being that such great minds think alike) responded with something along the lines of, slathering your nuts with peanut butter and letting the dog lick it off doesn't count...and H8R said basically the same thing, but with gravy...it was quite hysterical...but I'm pretty sure it was indeed Stoney!