Quantcast

Whole Foods Sucks

hurtstopee

Chimp
Jan 28, 2015
Spending some hours during the day at a an agency near a Whole Foods and many other lunch spots that are easier to get to and a kickass burrito from Two Hippies or Cafe Rio is always a good call, ya try to offset the Mex Mix with some healthier alternatives.

After my third try to get a decent lunch at Hole Foods, I ignored myself and went, yet again with a couple co workers and surprise: Overpriced, stale and flavorless garbage was once again introduced to my mouth and wallet.

Never again.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Hot Chicks willing to direct your purchases and my Mom's Chicken salad with grapes and walnuts. I shop there. Organic Romaine lettuce for the win.... Kimchee in a jar.

hurtstopee

Chimp
Jan 28, 2015
Hot Chicks willing to direct your purchases and my Mom's Chicken salad with grapes and walnuts. I shop there. Organic Romaine lettuce for the win.... Kimchee in a jar.
I am willing to eat a jar of good Kimchee while microwaving a piece of leftover salmon at work to piss everyone off.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I went to Whole Foods once to try to find "Fever Tree" bitter lemon for gin & tonics. I found it.

Then the next time I went to my local liquor store... found it there too. :disgust1:

No more Whole Foods. And I can't say I miss the place.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friend Karen Loves Whole Foods. In exchange for driving her there I get food. She is also the best wingman I have ever had. Young recently divorced Jewish women seem to congregate there.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Yes, the Ho Foods reigns supreme here for the yoga pants/milfs, with certain Trader Joes and Earth Fares coming in close seconds, depending on day/time.

In general the prepared foods at all of them are either overpriced or not great. The baked goods at the Fresh Market, however, are excellent.

We have a grocery store in town that is largely known as the Hottie Teeter.
Are you in C'ville proper, Westy? We always called the one by UVa on29 the Hairy Peter when I lived there. :rofl:

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Yes, the Ho Foods reigns supreme here for the yoga pants/milfs, with certain Trader Joes and Earth Fares coming in close seconds, depending on day/time.

In general the prepared foods at all of them are either overpriced or not great. The baked goods at the Fresh Market, however, are excellent.

Are you in C'ville proper, Westy? We always called the one by UVa on29 the Hairy Peter when I lived there. :rofl:
Crunchy Thai veggie salad. Right by the spring rolls they have packets of Guayozo sauce. Take a couple of those and dump it on the salad. $3.99 Tangelo .50c. $4.50 for a complete lunch.... Small Greek salad is also $3.99 but since they don't sell as many they aren't always as fresh as the Thai salad.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Greek salad with Chicken. Bag of Cashews and Apple Juice for lunch. $9.49. Ate a 1/2 tray of red fish Roe on these delicious spicy crackers samples before I left.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
oops it would seem that Whole Paycheck did not tare the packaging when weighing the ptoduct for sale

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/agency-says-whole-foods-overcharges-worst-case-mislabeling-n381026

New York City's Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) said Wednesday that an ongoing investigation of Whole Foods Market stores has found systemic overcharging of its customers for prepackaged food.

"The overcharges ranged from [80 cents] for a package of pecan panko to $14.84 for a package of coconut shrimp," the agency said in a statement.

"Our inspectors tell me this is the worst case of mislabeling they have seen in their careers," said DCA Commissioner Julie Menin in a statement.

In its investigation, the DCA said it tested 80 different package types and found they all had mislabeled weights, adding that 89 percent of the tested packages were not in line with the federal standard for the maximum amount "that an individual package can deviate from the actual weight."

"The overcharges were especially prevalent in packages that had been labeled with exactly the same weight when it would be practically impossible for all of the packages to weigh the same amount. These products included nuts and other snack products (flavored almonds, pecan panko and corn nuts), berries, vegetables, and seafood," it added.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
i do not. i went back to try and look for it and could not find it.

basically, the spokesperson said all allegations where unfounded, when the state dept seemed like it had rock solid evidence to prove what they were doing. granted, i try to take everything with a grain of salt; but it seems like whole foods could be in some trouble.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
This one?

Update, 2:04 p.m. Whole Foods has issued a statement blasting the DCA's allegations:

“We disagree with the DCA’s overreaching allegations and we are vigorously defending ourselves. We cooperated fully with the DCA from the beginning until we disagreed with their grossly excessive monetary demands. Despite our requests to the DCA, they have not provided evidence to back up their demands nor have they requested any additional information from us, but instead have taken this to the media to coerce us. Our customers are our number one stakeholder and we highly value their trust in us.”