Quantcast

whoops...

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
My roommates and I threw our first ever party this last Saturday, and it was freakin' awesome. Tons of people, loud music, etc. We were well aware that it was a kickass party, but we then got official confirmation that our party was indeed a bit too rockin'...

We got off easy though. I was the most sober of my roommates, so I had to take the ticket, and the cop definitely threatened to cite me for distributing alcohol to minors. It could have been A LOT worse.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
You guys got SNAPS in IV?

At SLO, when a noise complaint is issued, a couple police volunteers called SNAPS (forgot what the acronym stands for) comes by and issues an oficial warning. If you're a dick to the SNAPS, it's almost gauranteed the police will be there in less than a half hour and will give you a ticket. But if you don't slam the door on them or anything, it's a really nice heads up. SNAPS have saved our asses numerous times, and keeps the police free to work on real crime.

Last night I had to explain the American/Californian college party set up to an older Spanish guy. He kept on asking why people would complain about noise from a party. I said because people want to sleep, and he kept on responding, "but weren't the complainers ever young and wild, too?" Interesting point, coming from a member of a very socially loud society.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
bikenweed said:
You guys got SNAPS in IV?
No, we just have cops. And LOTS of them.

hooples3 said:
How much is the ticket.. or is it you have to show up to court first??
Dunno yet, we gotta wait for the fine to come in the mail. It works just like a speeding ticket though. You only go to court if you want to contest it. Otherwise you just pay the fine.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Its a good thing you passed on the keg Ben. You'd have the big dollar ticket then!

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
maxyedor said:
I seem to rember the last one of those I got was $45 but it could be different.
Ha, I wish! We're gonna be looking at at least $150, but it could even be as much as $300. :(

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
dexterq20 said:
Ha, I wish! We're gonna be looking at at least $150, but it could even be as much as $300. :(
that's not so bad. any decent party is worth you and your roomates splitting that fee up. how many of you manged to get laid with the underage drunk chicks?

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Isla Vista is a party town, you must have had one wild party to get in trouble! Good work; now ask everyone at the party to give you a dollar so you can pay the fines...

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
I didn't know IV cops gave out noise violations!!!!!

I thought they just waited in the street for some drunk idiot to leave with a beer and give him/her an MIP or DIP.

The last party I was there for, we had a bonfire in the front yard. We were breaking down the fence and using it for fuel. A microwave got thrown in there... some furniture.

Unbelievably, the cops never showed. And, yes, this was in IV. The first street in from the ocean.

Sucks about the ticket. It's hard to imagine people complaining in that town.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
dexterq20 said:
None of us. The cops kicked everyone out immediately. :(
ohhh i know that situation, but from the minor perspective. its gotta be worse for your side. like this one party i was at. the cops rounded everyone up and took us to the patty wagons and told us if any of us were seen in the next 15 minutes wed be arrested on the spot. everyone over 18 got arrested and got stuck with distributing alchohol to minors and other stuff

lovebunny said:
ohhh i know that situation, but from the minor perspective. its gotta be worse for your side. like this one party i was at. the cops rounded everyone up and took us to the patty wagons and told us if any of us were seen in the next 15 minutes wed be arrested on the spot. everyone over 18 got arrested and got stuck with distributing alchohol to minors and other stuff
The law doing its job. :thumb:

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
lovebunny said:
but i hold nothing against cops like alot of kids my age do. theyre just out there doing there job like anyone else
I used to agree with you. Actually, I still do, for the most part. Except the one I had to deal with was a freakin DICK. He wouldn't stop yelling, threatening to take me to jail, etc. Luckily for me, he was all bark and not very much bite.