Quantcast

Who's doing what races this year?

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
6,599
0
I want to get back into some 24's this year. Anyone doing a few races? I won't be able to make Pueblo, I have about 100 pounds to lose after being in a cast for 3 months.

Moab?
 

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
1,577
0
Kenmore, WA
Westy said:
Old Pueblo
Burn
Big Bear
7 Springs

I wouldn't mind doing another good roadtrip later in the year.
I'd be in for those.... love the 7 springs course for a 24.

I'd do moab if the course were actually fun. With all the great trails there, you'd think they'd have found something a little better. If I make a special trip to moab, that trail is not where I would ride.
 

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
10,139
685
Bend, Oregon
Captain Cogset said:
I might be interested in doing a team 24hour race again as long as beer consumption is involved. I have never been to Moab so that might be cool.
I'm good for at least a lap. :)
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
37,488
4,337
Sleazattle
Echo said:
I've heard good things about that Big Bear course. Would that be a good first 24 solo?
I've never been out there, I'm planning on doing a 4 person team that race. I of course will offer some pit help if you decide to go solo. One thing to keep in mind is that Big Bear is a Granny Gear race and Granny Gear isn't as solo friendly as other places are. In years past you have needed to submit a racing resume to get aproval to go solo, not sure if that still applies.
 

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
10,139
685
Bend, Oregon
Westy said:
One thing to keep in mind is that Big Bear is a Granny Gear race and Granny Gear isn't as solo friendly as other places are. In years past you have needed to submit a racing resume to get aproval to go solo, not sure if that still applies.
Make stuff up. :oink:
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
37,488
4,337
Sleazattle
Heidi said:
Make stuff up. :oink:
They wouldn't let my friend Bob register for the last SnowShoe race. He called them up and threatened to ride the 170 miles to their office to prove he was capable. They let him register and he got 3rd.
 

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
9,889
0
Shut up and Ride
I'd like to do at least four 24's this year...so if somebody needs a 4th or 5th, give me a shout

Old Pueblo - AZ

and ?

5/27- 24 Hours Burn, NC
6/10- 24 Hours Big Bear, VA
6/17- 24 Hours of Cutler, NY
7/15- 24 Hours Pats Peak, NH
8/3- 24 Hours 7 springs, PA
8/26- 24 hours Allamuchy, NJ
9/16 - Churn & Burn 24 Ashford, CT
10/15 - 24 Hours of Moab, UT
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
37,488
4,337
Sleazattle
Echo said:
doug you wanna try to put a team together for big bear? It doesn't appear they let chumps like me ride solo.

Try it solo. Doug should do it solo too. Solo. Solo.. solo..
 

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
11,818
1
Slacking at work
Westy said:
Try it solo. Doug should do it solo too. Solo. Solo.. solo..
I suppose I could just put in my lame ass resume and see what they say. And I could threaten to ride the 600 miles down there to prove I'm capable :D
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
37,488
4,337
Sleazattle
Echo said:
I suppose I could just put in my lame ass resume and see what they say. And I could threaten to ride the 600 miles down there to prove I'm capable :D
Or like Heidi said, lie. I'm not sure if they still require the application, they just did a few years ago. Website doesn't mention it.
 

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
11,818
1
Slacking at work
Westy said:
Or like Heidi said, lie. I'm not sure if they still require the application, they just did a few years ago. Website doesn't mention it.
Actually I looked at the registration page and it does say you need to send a resume with solo entries. Guess I'll start fabricating.
 

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
1,577
0
Kenmore, WA
Have you guys done any solo 12 hour races?

I would figure it a prerequisite for a 24.

I might be persuaded to try a solo 24 if I had other solo 24 newbs to suffer with.


*Edit: And I just noticed with this post that I've lost a ton of posts(for me). I was just about to crack 1000. Oh well.
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
37,488
4,337
Sleazattle
peter6061 said:
Have you guys done any solo 12 hour races?

I would figure it a prerequisite for a 24.

I might be persuaded to try a solo 24 if I had other solo 24 newbs to suffer with.
Ever consider 12 hours of Lodi Farms? It is a good test for a 24 solo, starts at midnight so you still have to deal with the sleep/darkness issues that a 24 present.
 

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
1,577
0
Kenmore, WA
Westy said:
Ever consider 12 hours of Lodi Farms? It is a good test for a 24 solo, starts at midnight so you still have to deal with the sleep/darkness issues that a 24 present.
I've done it as 3 a couple times, and almost duo this past year, but bailed at the last minute due to weather.

Did the 12 hours of Wisp a couple years ago solo, but it got cancelled part way through due to the weather. I could see cancelling before hand, but once we started racing? Weird. I wish they still had that race.
 

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
9,889
0
Shut up and Ride
my local arch rivals raced and won 5 person coed at Burn last year, I'd love to get a fast team together to take them on but I have no idea if they are even racing it this year.

ECHO, let me know if you decide to go solo or not

(after doing 3 team of five 24's last year, I really dont seeing myself doing a 24 solo )
 

splat

Nam I am
douglas said:
I'd like to do at least four 24's this year...so if somebody needs a 4th or 5th, give me a shout

Old Pueblo - AZ

and ?

5/27- 24 Hours Burn, NC
6/10- 24 Hours Big Bear, VA
6/17- 24 Hours of Cutler, NY
7/15- 24 Hours Pats Peak, NH
8/3- 24 Hours 7 springs, PA
8/26- 24 hours Allamuchy, NJ
9/16 - Churn & Burn 24 Ashford, CT
10/15 - 24 Hours of Moab, UT

HAve we herd about dalton yet ?
 

I Are Baboon

Run, Forrest, Run!
Aug 6, 2001
29,619
2,311
MTB New England
splat said:
HAve we herd about dalton yet ?
The schedule comes out tomorrow, but it sounds like most monkeys (including 4MAAB) don't want to do Dalton if it's an Adrenalin race. At this point I have no idea what race I'll do, if any at all.
 

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
9,889
0
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
The schedule comes out tomorrow, but it sounds like most monkeys (including 4MAAB) don't want to do Dalton if it's an Adrenalin race. At this point I have no idea what race I'll do, if any at all.

if any!?


:mad: :mumble: :angry:
 

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
1,577
0
Kenmore, WA
johnbryanpeters said:
Great Glen in Gorham, NH
Probably the VT 50 again, although I'm not ready to admit to myself that I'll be ready for so much pain...
Yeah, and speaking of endurance races, how about....

Shenendoah 100
Wild 100
Wilderness 101
 

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
10,139
685
Bend, Oregon
GravityFreakTJ said:
IMHO duo kinda sucks.In my expeirence its better to go 3 or 4 man team.I personally would prefer solo over duo.My 2cents.
Agreed - I did a 12 hour duo and even that sucked. We doubled up laps but still, you never got enough rest to make it worth it...might as well go solo.
 

I Are Baboon

Run, Forrest, Run!
Aug 6, 2001
29,619
2,311
MTB New England
Gee, the Adrenalin schedule was supposed to be released today, but there is nothing on the website and I didn't get an e-mail. That's surprising because they are usually so prompt and on time when it comes to this stuff.

:rolleyes: