Quantcast

who's ever had "the talk" with their lady?

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
My little 98lb lady has been at me for a few years to lose some weight. I'll get around to it I guess. :biggrin:

edit: That chick really needs to lose some weight. 5'2" and 230lbs? Oof. Even I don't weigh that much.

Last edited:

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
When it's a matter of health, courtesy should come second. My lady would understand that if I was to be concerned.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
5'2 and 230 is pretty much a bowling ball.
He should pick her up using "the shocker" technique and bowl her down the lane a few times to get the point across.

When you care about someone and their health is on the line, courtesy goes out the window.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I can't believe noone has said it:

Black guys love chunky white wimmenz.
it has to be said? we don't say it b/c we're not black women who are threatened by someone who gargles choad like a tewksbury vicar

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
I don't have the weight problem with my wife, its the bike and board ability. She snowboards and bikes (XC and DH). But she's not very fast and gets frustrated that she can't keep up with everyone else. I'll spend a run or two with her or go on a mild XC ride, but she complains when I try and push her. She wants to be faster, but won't put in the time to get better.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I don't have the weight problem with my wife, its the bike and board ability. She snowboards and bikes (XC and DH). But she's not very fast and gets frustrated that she can't keep up with everyone else. I'll spend a run or two with her or go on a mild XC ride, but she complains when I try and push her. She wants to be faster, but won't put in the time to get better.
That's just because she's a woman. Nothing can change that.:brows:

*ducks*

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
kind of where i'm at, but a little worse. she had a pretty scary crash a few years back, & hasn't psychologically bounced back. she won't do anything risky (no speed, no rocks, no air). i've been telling her she needs an equipment upgrade, & juliana's are a smokin' good deal these days, but it would go unappreciated.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
thought this was gonna be a PIITB thread.
i read somewhere - maxim probably - this topic rarely comes up with couples. it happens more as a result of a pearl harbor incident.

man, i miss rugby

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
That's just because she's a woman. Nothing can change that.:brows:

*ducks*
Ha! I guess that makes my brother in law a woman too, he's even worse than my wife because he won't listen to advice and thinks its totally the bike's fault.

And my friend from work, girl, is getting faster every time she comes DH'ing. Not only that, but she rides after she crashes, unlike said relative. Kinda embarrassing to the b-in-law really.

Last edited:

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
I'd definitely have the talk if there were (and there are in that case) health issues involved. And it's annoying as hell to hear someone constantly complain about their weight and yet do NOTHING about it.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
being supportive and approaching it from a "we should..." standpoint (we should eat better, we should exercise more, we should go hiking/riding/ice skating/whatever and call it a date, you get the idea) works much better than stating "holy crap you're fat, you should do something about that" as you're busy shoving french fries in your mouth.