Quantcast

Whos eyes hurt after getting the new tool CD?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
The full release is definatly worth getting. The songs are the same as the early download, but the 3d art is insane. Makes me want to do drugs again.....

Oh yea, dont stare too long through the lenses, you wont be able to focus on your monitor for 15 minutes or so.... true story.

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
their new album kicks aSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and their CD cover is pretty frickin' cool too...

have to give my thumbs up to the new Pearl Jam as well...good stuff

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
It was kind of cool being 3D and all, but I don't think I'll ever look at it again. Kind of a waste of money IMO. Now that I've seen all the images, the only page I might remotely look at is the one with the song titles, and even that's just a maybe. Cool CD though. I can rock this for a while. Wish it didn't have so many slow/mellow parts. Seems every time I pull up at a light and stop, I can't hear the music anymore cus the guy next to me has something loud booming. I wish they would just rock for 10 cuts and call it an album.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
goodtobeIrie said:
their new album kicks aSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and their CD cover is pretty frickin' cool too...

have to give my thumbs up to the new Pearl Jam as well...good stuff

Jeez, And I thought you were cool....

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
peter6061 said:
It was kind of cool being 3D and all, but I don't think I'll ever look at it again. Kind of a waste of money IMO. Now that I've seen all the images, the only page I might remotely look at is the one with the song titles, and even that's just a maybe. Cool CD though. I can rock this for a while. Wish it didn't have so many slow/mellow parts. Seems every time I pull up at a light and stop, I can't hear the music anymore cus the guy next to me has something loud booming. I wish they would just rock for 10 cuts and call it an album.
They are still growing musically, I was really impressed by this album. Their little unexpected sonic freakouts and brain scrambles are very cool (you know what I'm talking about). Anyway, Maynard is trying new things, the bass player is stepping it up finally and as always the drummer is absolutely insane. The bands constant changing of time signatures is truly unique even moreso on this album.

Personally I think the album is their best yet... mainly because they dont just rock for 10 cuts and call it good. They are serious musicians and they realize that a piece of art isnt made inorder to let you rock harder than the guy in the mustang that you pull up next to at the stoplight.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I like the artwork but I don't think I'll be pulling it out too often. I do love the music though, I've been listening to it all day long at work.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
You kind of got my point and I agree about the whole music not being about who has the louder stereo. I think the album is good, and I haven't had a chance to listen to it outside my car, so my impression is based on what I can hear when driving.

When they are actually 'performing' I think they are amazing. I think the band has always been strong in all departments and fits together into one unit very well. Maybe if I listen to the album with headphones on, I might hear something, but track 11 and some of the 'filler' material in the middle seem like more of a waste of space than actual music. Kind of reminds me of when Trent Reznor started redoing all his songs in weird remixes and what not. Just give me the song, I don't want to listen to a simple bassline undulating for 3 minutes or so.

Until I've heard this album more, I can't comment on whether or not it's their best. I really liked aenima and opiate will always have a place in my cd player.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I have to go get it. When are they on tour next? Or are they on now!?

Im really bad at keeping track of bands tour dates.

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
chicodude said:
Er......Not that I am aware of.

do you ride at all anymore?
hmmm...you always seem to ask that...why do you always assume I'm not riding?? if it's because you listen to the old man...his opinion of not riding is nullified considering he thinks a person doesn't ride enough if it's not 6-7 days a week and at least 4 hours in a day...

I go to school and someone has to take care of all the other crap they call daily living...but yes, I do need to ride more...

btw...you must ride the short bus if you don't like either Tool or Pearl Jam...:)

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
goodtobeIrie said:
hmmm...you always seem to ask that...why do you always assume I'm not riding?? if it's because you listen to the old man...his opinion of not riding is nullified considering he thinks a person doesn't ride enough if it's not 6-7 days a week and at least 4 hours in a day...

I go to school and someone has to take care of all the other crap they call daily living...but yes, I do need to ride more...

btw...you must ride the short bus if you don't like either Tool or Pearl Jam...:)

Ah, just curious, Just seems like you are wayy good but you don't DH that much anymore. You have so much potential...:D :clue:

And as for tools or PJ, I like music that isn't lame...