• other

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ggrubb

Monkey
Jul 3, 2002
Endub Empire
I'm trying to figure out where everybody is going to be.
DH or otherwise.

Mt Hood Ski Bowl #3, Mt Hood, OR
Silveroxx Festival, Kellogg, ID
Deer Valley (Norba Nat), Park City, UT

ggrubb

Monkey
Jul 3, 2002
Endub Empire
Originally, I was planning on Silveroxx. But seems that many have been hitting the hood pretty regular, and many of the pro/semi have been hitting all the west side nats.

So, just trying to get a feel of where to get the most bang for the "mileage".

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
ggrubb said:
So, just trying to get a feel of where to get the most bang for the "mileage".
Silveroxx for sure if you're looking for some shots/footage of one of the most damn good lookin' timing guys around!

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Despite the fact that Eric is going to be there :D, Silveroxx is going to be the 'place to be'!! Good riding, good brews and BC/DC in the Amphitheater; hard to beat that.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
silverroxx! anyone know what the trails are like that the races are going to be on, pics or video would be great!

ggrubb

Monkey
Jul 3, 2002
Endub Empire
seand said:
northshore ripper 4 - triple crown event!
I shot the CBC Ripper. Cool fun race. Multiple that 3X... good time to be had.

But I have (will have) lots of Canadian action. Need to work in our neighbors to the east and south.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
fuzzycatnuts said:
silverroxx! anyone know what the trails are like that the races are going to be on, pics or video would be great!
Long trails (Hammer, lower Alhambra) are much like last year. Otis has added some gap jumps on one of the doubletrack sections of the lower Hammer.

Upper Hammer stays more in the trees now (to avoid getting ripped out for ski season, I presume), so there are some interesting new sections.

More to report after this Sunday's FREE Super-D race (that's right - - FREE entry; buy a lift pass, ride, sign up and race). we'll see what Otis and crew built since the last race.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'll be at Hood and hope the snow has melted by then. Man, the soupy corners sucked on Sunday (as did my time).

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
It's not set in stone yet, but the rumor I heard today about Silver is the fastest overall winner on Sunday's DH will take home 500 bones! Yes, that's $500.00 US Dollars! That's more money than anyone from the NORBA Series has ever even thought about paying a Gravity Racer!!

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Nope. They decided to go without NORBA. They are already self-insured so no need for that aspect of it. So no licenses required, which is good, cuz the race fee is not cheap. Not outrageous, but not cheap, but probably cheaper than going to Whistler. And with the BC/DC concert too it should be a pretty fun weekend.

You and Kevin should come. It would be good to see you guys!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
riverside73 said:
Nope. They decided to go without NORBA. They are already self-insured so no need for that aspect of it. So no licenses required, which is good, cuz the race fee is not cheap. Not outrageous, but not cheap, but probably cheaper than going to Whistler. And with the BC/DC concert too it should be a pretty fun weekend.

You and Kevin should come. It would be good to see you guys!
We are thinking about it, but we are trying to figure out the DH thing....you ride down your choice of runs, then up a chair for another run? Are you timed on your runs or how fast you can get on the chairlift and back down another run?

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Saturday is a Jam Session. That's where you will ride down one course, get on the chair and then ride the course again. You have a 2 hour window to get the best time. I have seen this done for snow events, the idea behind it is you ride in no particular order, and if you have the top score, you can take a break until someone beats youand then your at it again. Still trying to figure out the logistics of timing this, but I will have it figured out by race time.

Sunday is the money event. It will be (for the most part) the course you have ridden before...top to bottom.

The rumor on the prize money is (I have not yet heard if this is what they are sticking to) Male 1st $500, 2nd $200, 3rd $100, Female 1st place $200.

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
Cy just built a new 4 pack on the hammer that can be quaded at warp speed!! The road gap is up and running and "smoother than ever" also

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
Slider said:
First and only warning.
I didn't type that it doesn't even resemble my original mesage?? How do the mods ward you on this thing?????? by randomly changing your mesages and not telling you or is someone messing with my accont

Sep 10, 2001
Seattle,WA
Never been but I've heard great things about both the course and the venue.

How's lodging though? I hear rooms are plentyful......or is it to late to get a room close to the resort?

I've been toying with the idea of bringing our factory trailer over for the weekend for some Rotec demos as well as some racing I just don't have the vacation time to go to Deer Valley so Silver's been on my mind.

Anyone??

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
John Sullivan` said:

How's lodging though? I hear rooms are plentyful......or is it to late to get a room close to the resort?

I've been toying with the idea of bringing our factory trailer over for the weekend for some Rotec demos as well as some racing I just don't have the vacation time to go to Deer Valley so Silver's been on my mind.

Anyone??
Last year when I went for the WIM finals, I stayed at the Motel 6 which was right across the street from the gondola...it was cheap...and a place to crash...and had a shower... My 3 criteria were filled. Gondola is 20 minutes (more? I can't remember...) to the top.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
John Sullivan` said:

Anyone??
Sully!! DO IT!! I think you will be most pleased. You'll be able to set up your rig in the parking lot, spread out like at a Nat (except for free!), kick back and enjoy.

Call 1-800-204-6428 and select the option for the Morning Star Lodge. They are all new or practically-new units that are wholly-owned by inviduals, many of whom have turned back property management to the MSL to rent out. If you don't want to go the luxury route and want a beater unit to party and park bikes in, they've got an older 'condo' building across the street that you can flop in.

Missed you at Beacon - -Dang it'd be good to see you there!

Doug

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
You could lay the Trailer out in the Parking Lot or...I would imagine they might let you drag the trailer up top to the Mountain Haus. this is where most of the action will be on Saturday. But is another 45 minutes from the base area if you drive up. The Gondola ride is almost exactly 20 minutes with no stoppages.

If you are seriously thinking about coming over, PM me and i can hook you up with the Special Events Coordinator. I know they would love to have you!

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Snacks said:
Is the Enduro course the same one they ran last year for the WIM final?
it will basically be that same course, with the exception of anything new that Otis and the crew get built before then. Every fall they have to tear everything up because of skiing/grooming. So they are trying to build more in the trees so they don't have to keep starting over every Spring.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
I'll be going to Hood. I would like to go to silver, but to far for me at this point with the baby. And hood is always good.