Quantcast

who's going where for the weekend

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
just wondering who is going where for the weekend.

it looks like sirknight, big mike, a friend of mine, and i are going to wintergreen for the weekend. it should be good times for sure. also it will be the frist time that i get to really push my new bike (a preston fr).

i hope to get some pictures while i'm there. if i go i will post them

DHZombie

Chimp
Jul 12, 2005
Leesburg, VA
Sugar for the national !

Made my decision on Thursday. Originally I wasn't going to go, but then I found out that it's only a 6hr. drive from northern VA.

Hope it's worth the drive.

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
Hey I want to go somewhere. I can only do a day trip though. :(
Anyone want to meet up at Wintergreen? Anyone want to rideshare?

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
hey transfer like i said me and bigmike and sirknight are going to wintergreen this coming weekend for a saturday day trip. i'm sure you are more than welcome to come just pm sirknight for details.

infact i need to call him myself.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
sunnerbeanmtb said:
wisp all week.....anyone interested?
How far is Wisp from Waynesboro, VA.? I'm off every other Wednesday and Thursday and this place sounds like it might be fun.

Mud:

I did a mapquest from the city of waynesboro to the city of mchenry (where wisp is). The quest said it was 200.0 miles and a travel time of 3 hours and 54 minutes. Now it may be more or less depending on your exact address. If you goto www.skiwisp.com you can find the exact address for wisp and use your address as well!

Everyother wednesday they have xc races! We have one today!
And the downhill is pretty sweet too. Not too rough not too easy.
If you decide you want to come up, let me know and I will meet you up there.
Have a good one!
Kristin:wave:

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
No DH for me, it's all XC this weekend, punishing climbs followed by rewarding downhills. My BF and I have cabin at Douthat State Park this weekend for some riding and R&R.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
VT Mtbkr said:
No DH for me, it's all XC this weekend, punishing climbs followed by rewarding downhills. My BF and I have cabin at Douthat State Park this weekend for some riding and R&R.
Hell yeah! I rode Douthat last week and am headed back there on my days off next week. I did go down pretty hard though in a little rock garden. Landed square on my shoulder and it still hurts like a mutha. I fear I may have chipped my shoulder a little. Oh well.

Sunner, PM sent :)

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
peter6061 said:
Going to ******** on Saturday and then Patapsco on Sunday. Would love to get out to Douthat soon. I love that place.
Maybe we can get a monkey meet up organized there before too long.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
peter6061 said:
I'd definately be up for a weekend there this summer. And I've got a few friends that would be into it.
Sounds good, I'll see if I can come up with some dates to kick around. I should mention thought it may be near impossible to book camping on the weekend for the rest of the summer. That place books weekend camping almost a year in advance. I can do Wednesdays and Thursdays if that could be a possibility though.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
mud'n'sweat said:
Sounds good, I'll see if I can come up with some dates to kick around. I should mention thought it may be near impossible to book camping on the weekend for the rest of the summer. That place books weekend camping almost a year in advance. I can do Wednesdays and Thursdays if that could be a possibility though.
I camped there last summer. And at that time, weekend camp spots were booked starting on the Monday before that weekend. They could not be booked in advance. Have they changed their policy? Only dates I'm OUT are from June 24 - July 9 and July 29.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
DANM it i'm out as well because of a test that i have to do. but i'm sure my test carries a better story! god i hate addminitrative errors! what will be next i have never gone to the school?!?!

if you want the full story i will post it but i don't think most of you will want to hear it though.

peace out for the weekend and you all have fun. hopefully i get to some riding this weekend