Quantcast

Who's on a Knolly V-Tach?

MattP.

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
Might want to give nsmb.com and mtbr.com a shot, if no one turns up here. I'm pretty sure there is at least several v tach owners on each board.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
you may want to try asking in a more canadian forum, like nsmb.com. i know a few guys on there own them, they're definitely more popular with our northern neighbors.

edit: looks like MattP beat me to it.

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
I'm going to win one soon for attending NSMBA trail days.

(Noel the owner of Knolly ponies up a frame a year for the NSMBA to give away at their AGM, open to anyone who goes to enough traildays)

Everyone here in Van that I know that has one raves about them.

unskilled

Monkey
Jul 12, 2007
i want one, its mad burly from what i gather. talked to a few guys who have em and they say its the last bike you'll ever get

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
I've never rode or even seen a v-tach but for what its worth a buddy of mine has a the Delirium-T and the quality of the frame is unreal almost nicolai or turner like. It rides great and he has never had a problem with it, they are defiantly burly frames meant for people that dont want to deal with mechanical issues

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I thought those were stupid until I saw one in real life and realized the extra linkage is to give it an uninterrupted seat tube. I've never been on one, but they look really nice up close.

Playdeep

Chimp
Apr 18, 2004
St George, Utah
I think the quality is definately on par with Turner, Nicolai and Ventana. Solid company. Check the bikes out in person and you will know why we say this. They are very impressive, very solid bikes.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
They're extremely expensive for a kinesis welded horst link frame. I've heard great things, but I've heard great things about the banshee scream as well. I loved the uninterrupted seat tube, until I realized it's raked out at such an angle that the whole purpose (Being able to raise and lower your seat without changing anything) was totally bunk as the TT increases and decreases with height. I had a GT like that, I hated it.

It might ride nice, but I'm not sure you wouldn't be better off on a specialized or even a Transition and skip the horst link. Tell you this much, the Devinci wilson is a much more refined looking bike.

Playdeep

Chimp
Apr 18, 2004
St George, Utah
Noel doesnt do anything by accident...and it is fine if you dont like the steep seattube...you are not alone....but from what I understand, he did this on purpose. He wanted the seat to drop out of the way when you lowered the seatpost since he is a freerider and the bike was designed to tame the gnarliest of BC north shore.

All I know is that so many of the shops who sell high end bikes out there and can ride whatever they want are on these bikes....and they still sell a ton of Ventanas, Turners and such. It says something to me when Chad at Red Barn bikes and Larry at Mtn High etc. choose to ride this over other very very good brands. This is what first caught my attention.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Been riding one for 4 years. I use it for all conditions, all types of riding. XC to Whistler...it's all good. I ride up 3 miles climb next to XC buddies and their 24lb bikes (of course, I'm usually not the first to the top).

Only two complaints I've heard about the bike are price and weight. Weight is a trade-off to having the most rigid,durable, dependable, bomb-proof bike available. Price is what you get when you buy the best and it is built 100% in the US and Canada.

Every other positive review and remark you've ever heard is true. MTBR reviews can say more about it than I can.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Been riding one for 4 years. I use it for all conditions, all types of riding. XC to Whistler...it's all good. I ride up 3 miles climb next to XC buddies and their 24lb bikes (of course, I'm usually not the first to the top).

Only two complaints I've heard about the bike are price and weight. Weight is a trade-off to having the most rigid,durable, dependable, bomb-proof bike available. Price is what you get when you buy the best and it is built 100% in the US and Canada.

Every other positive review and remark you've ever heard is true. MTBR reviews can say more about it than I can.

Were you at Bootleg for the race?

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
No, that's a picture from '07 during my one and only visit to Bootleg. That place was insane. I had a blast. You might recognize this trail as well (I still can't see the trail, even though I've ridden down it):

Ginger...easily the hardest trail I've ever ridden in my life.