Quantcast

who's riding CCCX this weekend?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I'm going to be there for sure. I might hit you up for a wrench to put on my new pedals. If I dont get it done sometime this week. I dont have anything narrow enough for the job.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Yeah its on Sunday. Thats when they normally are, but I think they added another race day to their series and they already had a XC race on Sunday.

Update on the course by the way:

CCCX DH #2 Course Profile- The race route for DH #2 has been selected and it features over 1100 feet of vertical drop on a trail approximately 2 miles in length. Most of the route features open sections where speeds can be high, as well as single track trails where turning and balance will be at a premium! The trails are in perfect condition and the dirt is in great shape. This route will also consist of a few new editions that have never been used for a CCCX event. The course for CCCX DH #2 will test a riders fitness, strength, and riding ability.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Sounds like I'm going to be missing another "pedaly" course.

I'm fine with that... Having only one bike makes riding the "pedaly" courses hurt.

Tahoe, here I come!

Good luck and a safe ride to all those who will be out racing! Enjoy the weather!

Jun 18, 2004
Hey peep's... I'm a freerider (and AM trailrider and urban rider) from Seattle... I went to Cal Maritime in Vallejo so I sort of know the Bay Area...

anyway I'm planning a road trip in April that will take me to some places in WA, OR, NV, and UT...

so what's CCCX like? is this a shuttleable place?... Is this the place out towards Antioch? Mt Diablo? Marin?...

When I lived in Vallejo I wasn't a freerider yet so I only got to trailride out in Marin...

is CCCX an unsanctioned trail?... if it is please just Pm me the where abouts or not and don't post it...

(we have a lot of unsanctioned trails up here in West WA... so I know how that stuff goes...)

thanks

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
Hey peep's... I'm a freerider (and AM trailrider and urban rider) from Seattle... I went to Cal Maritime in Vallejo so I sort of know the Bay Area...

anyway I'm planning a road trip in April that will take me to some places in WA, OR, NV, and UT...

so what's CCCX like? is this a shuttleable place?... Is this the place out towards Antioch? Mt Diablo? Marin?...

When I lived in Vallejo I wasn't a freerider yet so I only got to trailride out in Marin...

is CCCX an unsanctioned trail?... if it is please just Pm me the where abouts or not and don't post it...

(we have a lot of unsanctioned trails up here in West WA... so I know how that stuff goes...)

thanks
No its not an unsanctioned trail. Its a race series which I think can be learned more about at www.cccx.org. (Hopefully that works)

The races are in Salinas, in Toro Park. Definitely not shuttleable. You have to hike about 30 min to an hour to get to the top of the courses, and they don't really warrant a true DH bike.

Hope that straightens it out.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Something about a crazy hill at the end huh?

I pulled a 6:13. At the finish, my lungs would have crawled up my throat, called me an idiot and beat my a$$, but they were too tired.

I think I need to get off the couch more.

NapalmCheese

Monkey
May 16, 2006
Los Gatos
Heh, two crashes and an intimate meeting between my yam bag and the top tube gave me an ass time. Ah well, it was fun and I had a particularly good crash (that I really hope someone got a pick of).

Next month I'll try to go back to my 'no crashing during the race' idea. :)

halfro

Chimp
Mar 4, 2004
SF Bay Area
I was there taking photographs. Hopefully I'll be able to get the photos online tonight. I think I got about 130 keepers so I'll post a thread with the info.

NapalmCheese

Monkey
May 16, 2006
Los Gatos
I would be Pat!
'cept due to some technical difficulties I showed up a bit before noon. Stupid daylight savings and slimline cell phone batteries (and lack of will power).