Quantcast

Who's riding this weekend?

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
I'm looking to do a full weekend of trailriding. Schaefer, gambrill/watershed, accotink, etc. Maybe even patapsco! :eek:
The mrs is on a business trip so I'm free. ha
Where is everyone riding?

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
Del, if you're in mediocre to poor shape then you wouldn't mind riding with me. :) I'm a little slow on the uphills right now but I keep going. Monday was my first ride since June. But anyway, I could show you around Schaeffer Farms if you're interested. I'm open to whatever time although it's going to be hot in the afternoon.

Del

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Alexandria, VA
I am in mediocre shape :) I don't mind slow uphills, as long as the downhills are fun.

Schaeffer sounds great. Are you planning on going Saturday or Sunday? Either day and any time of day is fine for me. I get up around 6:00 am every morning so I don't care how early we go.

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
i'll be at schaeffer around 11am. Say hey if you see guy on a blue Sinister DNA hardtail, or a green Transition Bottlerocket fully. Driving a blue honda element. Virginia Tech jersey

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
wow what a super nice day to ride! almost perfect weather conditions. I might be going out again tommorow, i'll post about it

Del

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Alexandria, VA
Yeah it was absolutely beautiful today. Had a great time at Schaeffer's. I think we may have been parked next to your Element if your were out there MikeT. We didn't see anyone fitting your description though. If you heard someone panting and wheezing through the uphills, it was probably me.

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
Yeah, sorry MikeT we got a later start. I slept in until 10:30 :eek:
Great day of riding. I'm starting to get back into shape. Del and I checked out Germantown Cycles afterward too. That's a sick shop!

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
Yeah it was absolutely beautiful today. Had a great time at Schaeffer's. I think we may have been parked next to your Element if your were out there MikeT. We didn't see anyone fitting your description though. If you heard someone panting and wheezing through the uphills, it was probably me.
were you on the silver rsx with a hitch rack?

Transfer, it's aight, next time :)

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
That's Transfer's ride. I'll be looking to ride next weekend too so let's try to plan something fun.
ahh, ok.

well i'll be out at schaeffer again at 4pm tommorow. I'll be on a blue sinister DNA, blue honda element

Del

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Alexandria, VA
It was a beautiful day and I feel a cold coming on :(

I couldn't ride this weekend because I'm waiting for a stronger spring to arrive from Transition so I don't bottom out on roots. Now I hope this cold moves through fast.

Pi31412

Chimp
May 30, 2006
Rode the Shed from 10:30 to 5:00 and didn't see anyone on a green bottlerocket. Where were you riding?

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
10:30???? thats when i called you and you said you were just getting on 70.... anyway it was a awsome ride cant wait to ride next weekend

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
we parked on hamburg rd, where people usually park, and rode the trails on the left side, to some 'other' trails.

we didnt shuttle, but on the way out, i saw a bunch of people at the 'shuttle' point dropoff

Pi31412

Chimp
May 30, 2006
Oh that would explain it. I thought you were implying that you would be riding downhill trails, MikeT. But I guess there's more up there to ride than that.

Okay, so it was more like 11:15 before I had all my pads and sh*t on ready to ride. But once I did I put all you guys to shame with my skillz. Word.

I'm telling your mom you tried heroin at Snowshoe, btw.

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
Watershed is part of Gambril State Park. There are a rediculous amount of biking and hiking trails. We did some xc, and some 'play' trails all on one ride without shuttling. I don't really like shuttling there to tell you the truth, especially since its frowned upon.

Pi31412

Chimp
May 30, 2006
I know there's lots of trails up there. I mean afterall there's usually far more people riding XC than DH. Sarcasm, ya know.

I rode 'play' trails all day which turned my own frown upside down. :)

Watershed is part of Gambril State Park.
Not to be a :banana: , but The Shed is owned by the City of Frederick, not the State of MD. Why is this little fact important you ask?? Beacause there's no hunting allowed in state parks, other than organized "population control" hunts. Scoll up and read the Shed Hunting Season post. Kinda important, since we are really guests in the Shed. Ya dig??

Not a sermon.....

KD1569
Cyclist

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I don't really like shuttling there to tell you the truth, especially since its frowned upon.
I've been riding(and shuttling) there for years and it's only a problem if people block driveways, leave trash or othewise make a nuisance of themselves. If somebody frowns in my general direction, it means less than nothing to me. The only times I've ever had issue with anyone involved riding on Saturday during firearms season(which I don't do anymore) or riding during inclement weather(when a roadie got a retort he didn't expect). Most people are cool, but as with anywhere, the 10% rule* is in effect.

*1 out of every 10 people is an a$$hole just waiting for an opportunity to demonstrate so.