Quantcast

Whos riding tonight

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
yup. rode yesterday too. It's that time of the year where I start thinking about snowboarding (and skiing this year) less and start wanting to ride my bike more.

I got my bike sitting here in my office with me, it keeps tempting me...

J

JRB

I think I'll roll around on my urban bikey today and get a feel for it. I need to get me some urban kind of tires though. I am thinking something like K Rads or something like that.

J

JRB

DRB said:
which urban bike would that be?
Soul Cycles Roscoe. I got my frame Saturday. It's my single speed bike for now. We'll see how that goes. It's set up 34 x 20, so I should be able to handle it.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
loco said:
Soul Cycles Roscoe. I got my frame Saturday. It's my single speed bike for now. We'll see how that goes. It's set up 34 x 20, so I should be able to handle it.
Nice. The k-rads should work nicely for you on street, and the price is right. Holy Rollers, little more bite in the dirt if you're ever inclined to take up DJ'ing. I run 34x18 for urban, you should be fine. Have fun!!! :thumb:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I rode to work this morning and I'll ride home again tonight.

Mancilg - I saw a totaled Hummer (and an even more totaled Honda Accord) last night on I-97 and thought of you. Looked like dude in the Hummer did an ill-advised lane change into the honda and rolled it. It was pretty spectacular.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I will be. Yesterday I did Webcyclery's version of the Paris-Roubeaux and had a blast even though we got rained and hailed on. Today it's sunny and warm so I'll be out there again.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i had a looooooong day at work today even though it was only 5 hours. no riding until thursday at the earliest because right after school im at work till 8.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
loco said:
Pansy. :D I ride 32 x 14, it's great for urban. You should get K-rads. They're rad.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
maxyedor said:
C-street in Ventura. If the swell picks up I'll either hit Rincon or Silverstrand tomarrow
:drool: lets see... my local spot is the wall in hampton. it sucks but right now its all ive got within a reasonable distance.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
gnurider1080 said:
:drool: lets see... my local spot is the wall in hampton. it sucks but right now its all ive got within a reasonable distance.
1-2 feet and a water condition caution, You need to come to Cali. And just to rub it in a little more, it was 3-4 with the occaisional 5-6 set, and I was in the water from 7 A.M. to about 1 P.M. then got tacos and tequila

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
maxyedor said:
1-2 feet and a water condition caution, You need to come to Cali. And just to rub it in a little more, it was 3-4 with the occaisional 5-6 set, and I was in the water from 7 A.M. to about 1 P.M. then got tacos and tequila
i think its because you gotta watch out for hypothermia. that and they always say caution for the water status. i hope to go to college out in cali and my top choices are uc santa barbara and uc san diego so i think ill get to experience some good surfing for once.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
gnurider1080 said:
i think its because you gotta watch out for hypothermia. that and they always say caution for the water status. i hope to go to college out in cali and my top choices are uc santa barbara and uc san diego so i think ill get to experience some good surfing for once.
Either school is great, UCSB is probably a better school but UCSD is closer to Mexico. I'm currently a Photojournalism major at The Brooks Institute in Ventura, this area has a tom of cool stuff to do.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:
about 20 people showed up, but I think myself & 2 others did almost 50% of the work..so I didnt get a ride in
Very often trail work is a lonely, thankless job. I give you lots of credit for doing it.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
thanks, this spot is worth...on private land & super close to home, plus they feed us some bbq after..ofcourse by the time we got back it was dark and I couldnt see what I was eating, but almost all of it tasted good :D

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Same as Doug: Trail work at Gibbs Farm until sundown, literally. We finished up our segment by 7:45 and got out to the BBQ fest by 8. I planned on doing a ride before or after involving jumping but was too wiped out and needed beer/food.

We were laughing as we came out to the BBQ because no one looked as muddy as us! Did a bunch of stone laying for drainage before the "noth shore" bridge, built back up 2 drops and made a set of rollable double jumps, about 3 feet high with a 6 foot gap but it's pretty safe, no big lips and it has a semi long smooth lander. Moved a hell of a lof of stone & cut up logs and dug some huge holes. Still, no ride though...

Here is an article about Shari/Dick Gibbs (where we did the trailwork):
http://timesunion.com/ss.asp?s=470382&c=REGIONOTHER&b=