Quantcast

Who's seen Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
Don't expect to have your life change as a result, but I thought it was a pretty fun movie. The CG and costumes are amazing as always and the story isn't too obvious. It leads into the third installment too, so I am thinking about saving up $10 for a ticket for next summer.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
I just saw [slept through] it over the weekend. Thought it was pretty good, for the most part. It kept me interested, I agree that the graphics & costumes were out of this world. There were a couple of hokey scenes and characters but it was thoroughly enjoyable ... even though it was loooong at about 2.5 hours.

I napped off and on during the movie which pissed the gf off, but she insisted we see the 10:15 show after I'd been up at 4am and worked a full day outside on the lake. I was beat. Go figure.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
me and is so freaking Lamme....

actually i did not even like the first one that much but i did see it three times (dates and trips with Kids) but this ones was far more boring bland and predictable, CG grafics take over real people to the point becomes deluted and even the craziest scenes and costumes become "Whatever" as oppose to "oh man that S^^t is Cool"

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I tried to see it and it was sold out. I saw Superman instead and I have to admit it was better than I expected.

I will see pirates next weekend because my daughter won't shut up about it (and I like Capt. Jack). I also look forward to my next trip to Disneyland after they revamp the ride to better fit the movie series.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Was a great fun movie. I really enjoyed it. CGI was AWESOME. There's a lot of bit you don't even realise are fully CG until you just think for a moment. They are getting SO good at it now.

benno

Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
boostindoubles said:
plot holes left me confused, but it was fun to look at
^ what he said, apart from the 'fun' bit. It was friggin boring and went on for-bloody-ever. No real ending either (cheated out of a climax?)