Quantcast

whos watching Hockey?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I am glad hockey is back, I am tired of all the "normal" sports (I hate football and basketball with a passion!). Too bad I wont see any live NHL for awhile. I return to the states in Feb, til then it is all internet.
Go Blackhawks!

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
Only sport worth watching, other than cycling. And even then, only the TdF is covered well enough to bother watching here in the hinterlands.

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
Hockey rocks, nice to have the Canucks back.
Wish I was watching it, can just get the internet radio broadcast over here.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
just wondering if hockey fans like boxing and mma (mixed martial arts) since the propensity for violence and fisticuffs is so high in hockey.

i appreciate the athleticism involved but having grown up in florida i guess i just never made the connection with it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hockey on TV sucks, I've never watched a whole game and don't follow the season. I've been to a bunch of collegiate div 1 games and enjoyed it. I'll probably go up and see a game or two in DC this year.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
narlus said:
agreed.

damn was it fun watching B's hockey in the prime neely years.
I was funtunate enought to go see a few games at the old Garden Center! :heart: :heart: :heart:

man those were the days! Bourque, Neely, Janney, Oates, DiMaio, Heinze, Sweeney, Juneau, Leach and I could go on...

good old days!!

Oh...and I remember one purposely buying nosebleed seats just to see what they were all about. I had heard about them, but didn't know what they were...hahahah. now I know why they were so cheap ;)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
you ever get those seats in the rear loge where the overhang from the balcony obstructed yr view? you'd have a crooked neck by the time the game ended.

i once went to a celts game and the guy in the seat two away from me had a huge iron beam in front of him.

btw, don't forget mike joyce! good call w/ leach...steve leach was a scrapper; i liked him.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
narlus said:
you ever get those seats in the rear loge where the overhang from the balcony obstructed yr view? you'd have a crooked neck by the time the game ended.

i once went to a celts game and the guy in the seat two away from me had a huge iron beam in front of him.

btw, don't forget mike joyce! good call w/ leach...steve leach was a scrapper; i liked him.
My nose bleed seat was right behind this big structure pillar!! hahahaah. No matter how much I crooked my neck, I couldn't see the ice. Literally had to stand up and watch the entire game from the isles.

Was also cool to see the Zambonee drive through the canteen area to get on and off the ice! :thumb:

yeah...Leach was a tuff scrapper who could actually play the game!!

J

JRB

MancilG said:
not me... They can all goto hell for F-ing up a good sport last year. I'm not going to hand them 1cent.
Why the angst there, brutha???

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Acadian said:
I was funtunate enought to go see a few games at the old Garden Center! :heart: :heart: :heart:

man those were the days! Bourque, Neely, Janney, Oates, DiMaio, Heinze, Sweeney, Juneau, Leach and I could go on...

good old days!!
It is funny you say good old days because to a lot of Bruins fans the good old days were probably more along the lines of these guys:

Orr, Esposito, Bucyk, Cheevers, Wayne Cashman, etc. etc.

And you can't forget the really old good old Days when Eddie Shore was a Bruin! Now that's Old Time Hockey! ;) :D

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
MMcG said:
It is funny you say good old days because to a lot of Bruins fans the good old days were probably more along the lines of these guys:

And you can't forget the really old good old Days when Eddie Shore was a Bruin! Now that's Old Time Hockey! ;) :D
ah yes Esposito - first player to reach 100pts in a season :thumb: and who could forget Orr!!

I say good old days because that's when I use to play hard hockey..guess those where MY good old days ;)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Acadian said:
ah yes Esposito - first player to reach 100pts in a season :thumb: and who could forget Orr!!

I say good old days because that's when I use to play hard hockey..guess those where MY good old days ;)
I'm hitting the ice tonight in an over 35 men's league. Playing for the Brew Crew!!! Should be fun! Hope I don't pull a groin muscle! :eek:

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
hooray a Bs thread!
i was watching the game on saturday at TGIFridays and saw Crosby get his first goal which is good for my fantasy team, but put the Bs down by two and i thought, whelp, good way to start the new year 0-3, wankers. So I get home and throw on SC to catch highlights before I hit the sheets and they end up winning, go figure!

btw, I rule more than you. I have a stick signed by last years team (well THE last years team). You cant make out some of the illiterate foriegner's sigs, but you can tell the big ones; Thornton, Razor, Samsonov, Murray, etc

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MMcG said:

we first got cable TV right about after esposito and vadnais were traded, so i grew up w/ watching bucyk, cashman, marcotte, park, ratelle, wensink, dallas smith, rick smith, etc. good times. :thumb:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
OLN's game coverage is already improving. I thought last night's Sabres/Penguins game was much improved, although they still have a ways to go.

Does anyone besides me see the new rule changes making a difference? The games definitely have more flow to them. Players are not getting tied up in the neutral zone as much, and Power Plays are more fun to watch with the expanded offensive zones.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
Theres a BIG difference. How many 7-4 or 5-6 games have you seen in the past 5-8 years? There was 2 last night and probably 4-5 over the weekend