Quantcast

whose country is this?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
seriously, i can't figure it out:

please, please, PLEASE try that over here.

is that chick in the cosby sweater rockwool?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
5:27 - Sweden is our country too!

Hmmm, loads of people showing up and screaming obscenities trying to drown everyone else out? Sounds like our teabaggers have more in common with these people than just trying to blow up Federal buildings...

edit: About the only thing different is that the people below are speaking English.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yX4F_cb9AXk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yX4F_cb9AXk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Hmmm, loads of people showing up and screaming obscenities trying to drown everyone else out? Sounds like our teabaggers have more in common with these people than just trying to blow up Federal buildings...
really? if you want to segue into tbaggers, you must've leapfrogged over quite a bit of non-tbaggers who regularly shout down, threaten, & sometimes assault speakers like ann coulter, david horowitz, kkkarl rove, and other conservatives. these types are much more inline w/ the intolerant mob shown in the original video. recall also the intolerant mob of radical islamists seek to stifle free speech, whereas in your posted video, the stifling is sought by the gov't, & not the people. maybe you don't see it that way, but facts are stubborn things.

do you notice in this country when a liberal has a speaking engagement, there's no show of force to keep back the marauding throngs, but such is not the case of the above mentioned conservative figures, who regularly travel w/ a security detail. is this a convenient time to remind you of the [presumed] elderly tbagger dude who got his finger bit off @ a town hall? or various seiu thuggery? or alex jones gettin up in michelle malkin's grill?

again, i find your response to this topic rather odd. i would've thunk we'd have in common the confidence in our own skin which allows us to strongly support the public display of gay pr0n hotness w/o having the presenters physically assaulted (unless "allah akhbar" is the new safety word, i don't believe it was consensual role playing).

guess i don't have you figured out after all.

really? if you want to segue into tbaggers, you must've leapfrogged over quite a bit of non-tbaggers who regularly shout down, threaten, & sometimes assault speakers like ann coulter, david horowitz, kkkarl rove, and other conservatives. these types are much more inline w/ the intolerant mob shown in the original video.

Turns out the old broad banging her cain/walker against the door halfway through is Palins mom!

True story

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Stinkle, the right has a much worse history of manipulating and stifling free speech. dante, the left has a worse history of political violence (though not racial and cultural violence). Both have their share of each. Can we agree that these tactics are the crudest and most counter-productive form of intolerance and completely out of whack with basic Western principles of freedom of dissent and speech?

Recent immigrants should be free to bring their cultural values to their new homes, as long as they fit within a basic framework of what we consider human rights. Freedom of speech and dissent is one of those in the Western world, and cultural sensitivity is trumped by that. Or at least it should be.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
At least there was a fairly attractive red head in a flannel taking pics. besides that, this vid is ridiculous.

this guy Vilks is like Borat fvcking with Muslims instead of fat white people?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Immigrants cant logically expect to arrive in a new place and expect to have the same type or force teh same type of regime they just left, in the new place. If it was that cool, why did they leave the old place? They should find a modicum of respect, equal to that the are willing to give. Tolerance goes a long way...but not for everyone.

Last edited:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Immigrants cant logically expect to arrive in a new place and expect to have the same type or force teh same type of regime they just left, in the new place. If it was that cool, why did they leave the old place? They should find a modicum of respect, equal to that the are willing to give. Tolerance goes a long way...but not for everyone.
Have you ever met an American outside of America? In any country in the world?

(Not on a military base?)

In my experience, with the possible exception of Germans, the most annoying tourists in the world...

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I have to agree with JohnE. While living in NL, not on a military base, there were numerous instances of muslim immigrants actively trying to change the social norms to meet their specific religious beliefs. There was a complete lack of tolerance for the Dutch ideals and active, and often violent, attempts to sway their host nations social norms to fit within muslim standards.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
In my experience, with the possible exception of Germans, the most annoying tourists in the world...
In spite of the stereotype I'm quite pleased to say I've enjoyed meeting German tourists in NZ. Every last one of them has be respectful and polite. :thumb:
Only Yank tourist I've spent much time around in NZ was MikeD have to say he was also a model visitor, worst I've seen down here have been the Brits and the Chinese nationals.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
In spite of the stereotype I'm quite pleased to say I've enjoyed meeting German tourists in NZ. Every last one of them has be respectful and polite. :thumb:
Only Yank tourist I've spent much time around in NZ was MikeD have to say he was also a model visitor, worst I've seen down here have been the Brits and the Chinese nationals.
You not familiar with the fat German male in his late 50s in a speedo phenomenon? You're a lucky man...

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
News flash....

Some Muslims intolerant assholes. More at 10.

Can someone fill me in on the background to this. How did all these Muslims show up to watch a film about Muhammad being gay?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
if she gets acid thrown in her face b/c of this, i hope you'll join tom tancredo & me in nuking mecca.

that is all...