Quantcast

Whose given up beer for hard liquor?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
No, I am not moving to a new level of alcoholism. I just had drinks 2 nights in a row, the first night a couple of whiskeys, the second a few pints of beer.

I definitely prefer the feeling and the recovery from whiskey than beer.

Anyone notice the same?

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i'll drink hard liquor if i'm planning on having a little buzz going, but if i just want to relax i'll drink beer. as much as i like good hard alcohol(knob creek for example), i don't feel as if i can really enjoy it as much as a beer because of the overpowering taste of alcohol.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I drink whatever I'm in the mood for and sometimes mix it up. A couple margaritas followed by beer, a martini followed by wine followed by scotch, etc. I do find that cocktails are less filling than beer for sure.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I switched after college when I could afford to buy liquor rather than cheap beer.

Did the wine thing for a bit with my second and third wives, but it never "took".

A Guinness is/was awesome once in awhile though.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
I go for liquor in the winter - i'm far less physically active and find myself less 'thirsty for beer' - a feeling I get after a long ride in the spring/summer when I'm cooking outdoors - plus, it's less filling and feels like a better match for many of the meals I cook in the winter [which are ofttimes heavier/denser in basis]

But, I also toss some fine vinos into the mix, and I'm not averse to Negra Modelo every now and then...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I never had to give up beer. I never liked it.

Whiskey or vodka.