Quantcast

Why am I working today GMT?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That. Half day on the market, so a half day for me. Swim finished with a run tonight. 25 mile roadie yesterday in 30* temps. I'm getting winter bibs and jerseys. Shit was cold. That is all.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Glad to see I am not the only sucker stuck working today. The garage is pretty empty, so hopefully I can cut my staff loose early today. Just like stoney, I also hit the pool early this morning for a 2500 yard swim. Surprisingly, I was not the only person there.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
It's that time of year when the backhoe digger comes to clear the snow out of our courtyard in the dead of night. from 3 to 5 I was drifting in and out of sleep to the sound of the back-up beep and the shovel dragging across almost bare pavement. :bonk:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Thanks to your holidays down there, the majority of the manufacturing in this building is shut down today and most employees are home.

I'm here and enjoying the silence. I have a few tasks to complete, which should be no problem as I'm not dealing with PC LOAD LETTER printer problems.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Do not fret fellas I too must work today. I do not start till 1800 hours though, but I do not get half a shift, still a 12 hour.

Pumpkin pie for breakfast, probably a ham and cheese for lunch, but dinner.... dinner will be pane seared venison heart over seared onions and garlic in a red wine sauce with a side of brussel sprouts coated with olive oil, lightly salt and peppered then broiled till crispy

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
2nd breakfast going in my gut. Gym soon. Gotta build back the weight I lost from that round of food poisoning.

Then back to building tracks. Got a singer with a good voice. Gotta make sure she stays interested in this project.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Just finished cleaning up all the pots and pans from preparing yesterdays repast. Shredded turkey scramble with eggs, cheddar cheese side of corn bread and coffee for breakfast. Next big issue is which bike to take out for a ride.. life is rough

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
38* and a steady rain made for an awesome ride.
Broken digit was non issue until I smashed it against a tree.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ugly weather, grey and rainy. Still pondering over the Evil sale but I am just not convinced the frames can survive without a major structural disaster for more than 6 months of hard everyday riding. :homer:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Humane society is in the neighborhood. The dog that attacked us Wednesday evening got claimed yesterday, and is out loose again. We even caught a glimpse of it when we took our dogs out. I walked down to Sierra Trading Post and bought bear spray for black friday. :mad:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Had this whole week off from normal shifts, but picked up a few OT shifts. Helps pay for the Enve wheels I just sprung for the other day. Spitty is getting some pimpin'.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
No traffic between San Antonio and Dallas, no baggage charge for bike ("looks like an instrument"..."yep,"), 1st class upgrade on both flights back up north, free massage from TSA, all in all a pretty good day.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ugh and so it goes...working on the bike lubing everything up for tomorrows ride and decided to give the rear brake a squeeze. Damn lever went to the bar and now it won't return. Can't push fluid in either.

:banghead:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Local riding buddy bailed. Therefore I am free to string together downhill segments in the cold tomorrow, for fun and for purposes of GoPro footage gathering. I have a feeling Maverick at WR and the Mountain Lion DH will both be a bit snowy still. Choices, choices.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
JBP
Manuel's in seacliff has the best Chilie Rellenos, Pizza My Heart has the best NY style Pizza, (their Pesto sauce is awesome)

You can rent a good Mt Bikes from the shops on the west side and go hit some rad (maybe not so legal trails in UCSC that drop down to hwy 9) or go up to the Soquel Demonstration Forest for some really good legal stuff.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Local riding buddy bailed. Therefore I am free to string together downhill segments in the cold tomorrow, for fun and for purposes of GoPro footage gathering. I have a feeling Maverick at WR and the Mountain Lion DH will both be a bit snowy still. Choices, choices.
Wait. What?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Footage reinforcing that I need a gimbal. Looks fast, I think, but can't see shit, really:

Nice. I still remember the first time @Nick and I took @stoney down Longhorn... :rofl:

Yes to the gimbal, makes e'erything smooth.

Maybe point the camera up just a hair?

Oh, and thanks for not murdering that hiker.