Quantcast

Why can''t I clip in with my 5.10 Minnaar's?

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
So I got a pair of 5.10 Minnaar clipless shoe, but I still haven't been able to use them because I simply can't get a clean, solid clip in to my shimano pedals. So far, I have gotten longer cleat screws to I can use more spacers, and have been trimming rubber, little bits at first, but now more and more.
I am running 2 spacers under the cleat, and trimmed a good bit of rubber around the sides and back sections of the clip area, and I still have to adjust and move around my foot for a good 30 seconds in every direction while trying to get the cleat to snap into my pedals. I have a pair of the plastic DX pedals and the newer XT pedal with the small cage. I figured I'd at least be able to clip in with the XT pedals since there isn't much cage to interfere, but no luck.
I have friends with other model 5.10 clipless shoes and use the same DX pedal with no cleat spacers and can cleanly clip in. My only thought is that maybe because Minnaar uses Crank Brothers, but that really shouldn't make a difference, right?!?
I can include a picture if needed, but I'm just tired of running old xc shoes on my downhill bike and want to be able to use my new shoes.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
ok ...

check for interference while the shoe isn't on your foot. If the rubber sole needs more trimming you'll see where it's needed. I was using 5.10 with CB Mallets; I needed one cleat spacer and had zero rubber interference.