Quantcast

why can't i get off this stupid computer and go work out?

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
seems lately i have been having a very hard time getting off the monkey in the mornings to go work out. anyone expirienced these symtoms before, should i see a doctor?

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
On another forum one guy was so addicted he removed internet sevice from his house. To be honest if I didn't require this to do my job I would dump it too...

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
I've had a serious case of ZMF (Zero Motivation Factor) when it comes to actual cardio riding. I haven't really done an XC ride in 3 weeks, everything has either been chairlift assisted or urban. My wife literally kicked me a couple times last night and asked what was wrong with me.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by mrbigisbudgood
I've had a serious case of ZMF (Zero Motivation Factor) when it comes to actual cardio riding. I haven't really done an XC ride in 3 weeks, everything has either been chairlift assisted or urban. My wife literally kicked me a couple times last night and asked what was wrong with me.
Best git off yer ass or the SM100's gonna kill ya. 8 weeks to go.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't have a problem not riding or working out because of the computer. I just need to stop browsing the :monkey: and get my ass back to work.

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Originally posted by laura
seems lately i have been having a very hard time getting off the monkey in the mornings to go work out. anyone expirienced these symtoms before, should i see a doctor?

Just limit yourself to BurlySurly posts only. That will get you off the monkey....guaranteed! :devil: ;)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by Westy
I don't have a problem not riding or working out because of the computer. I just need to stop browsing the :monkey: and get my ass back to work.
:stupid:

I often wish I didn't have access at work. I am not mentally strong enough to stop surfing at work. :monkey: Since my home PC is old and slow, I have little problem staying off the computer at home. :)

rbx

Monkey
laura

yup usually i train 6 times a week in the gym but after a month of training i will get that feeling youre talking about...my advice go with the flow youll get your motivation back soon enough!

bbmj

Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
Eastbay
yo rbx, you ought to ease up in the gym, especially if you are riding also, max you should be doing 3-4 big workouts a week, and focus on recovery, cause from what you said it sounds like you are overtraining, which isnt a good thing, or a fun thing.
charlie

rbx

Monkey
Originally posted by bbmj
yo rbx, you ought to ease up in the gym, especially if you are riding also, max you should be doing 3-4 big workouts a week, and focus on recovery, cause from what you said it sounds like you are overtraining, which isnt a good thing, or a fun thing.
charlie
youre right bbjm i was overtraining i was drained all the time NO energy i started cutting back and feels great!

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
I`am sure if you get laid alot you will get motivated ,because if you kinda chubby you will not attract the favorite flavours ,and chubby chasers are not so fit :eek: :eek: :eek: ;) ;) ;)

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
I find that if I alter my morning routine ( change "bad" habits) I can get a lot more done. For example, I go through mail/forum ONCE and then turn the system off.

Or I read a book real early instead of turning it on to begin with.

Is there a better time of day for you to work out?
some times you need to tweak the day a bit.

geargrrl

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Originally posted by geargrrl
I find that if I alter my morning routine ( change "bad" habits) I can get a lot more done. For example, I go through mail/forum ONCE and then turn the system off.

Or I read a book real early instead of turning it on to begin with.

Is there a better time of day for you to work out?
some times you need to tweak the day a bit.

geargrrl

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Originally posted by shocktower
I`am sure if you get laid alot you will get motivated ,because if you kinda chubby you will not attract the favorite flavours ,and chubby chasers are not so fit :eek: :eek: :eek: ;) ;) ;)
lucky for me i am not trying to attract anyone but the guy who already thinks i'm sexier than j lo.

I make forums a work only thing, and then only while I'm having a morning cup of tea and during lunch.... or when I'm bored and nobody is looking! :D

I try to never load up a forum at home, unless I'm looking for specific advice on something...