Quantcast

Why did the price of gas just go back up?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the quebecois are charging you more....every french-speaker's still getting it for 88 c/L.

SS, there was a place in Mass which was selling under $2. lowest in my area is $2.15

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
ours just went down. i paid 2.47 a gal. yesterday morning and drove back past the same gas station later and it was at 2.37 a gal.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
RhinofromWA said:
This morning I saw a 76 and Shell gas station at $2.529 I think the lowest I have seen it just north of Seattle is $2.429 at ARCO.
I just paid 2.31 this morning. Washington used to be cheaper, what happened? Higher prices AND you have to pump it yourself, that's great!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
jimmydean said:
I just paid 2.31 this morning. Washington used to be cheaper, what happened? Higher prices AND you have to pump it yourself, that's great!
You would think with refineries in our back yard it would be cheaper....

But now that we affirmed that the majority of the population wants to pay the HIGHEST gas tax in the country. :rolleyes: ......I guess cheapish gas is a fairytale.

When Katrina hit we stayed fairly steady and increased slowly compared to the rest of the country. Now that everyone else has gone back down.....I guess gas companies are holding onto the extra $$$ as long as they can. :eviltongu

Haven't seen anything close to $2.31 near me yet. Oh and Washingtonians can figure out how to get the gas in their own cars. :D I hate it when someoneelse gasses my truck up....it is too wierd. lol:cool:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
SkaredShtles said:
Have you seen the politicians falling all over each other to lambaste the oil execs?

They smell easy votes.

Goddam politicians. :mad:
Yeah, it seems pretty short-sighted and stupid. If they attack our domestic producers they are only going to help increase our reliance on foreign companies.:angry:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
OGRipper said:
Yeah, it seems pretty short-sighted and stupid. If they attack our domestic producers they are only going to help increase our reliance on foreign companies.:angry:
Well - with elections like they are, politicians are *encouraged* to be shortsighted and stupid.

Or maybe that's just the way they are. :p

Am I in the PD forum? :think:

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
You all are some lucky ****ers. The cheapest place for gas is where I work at $2.479. Most other places are between $2.60-2.90 a gallon.