Quantcast

Why did we go to war against Iraq?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
15,192
0
¡Phoenix!
I don't watch TV, so I'm a little unclear on the whole war thing. Someone please help me with the information.

Thanks!
 

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
9,890
4
Hypernormality
Because the Neo-Con agenda requires an enemy to work. With the lack of an actual enemy, one must be manufactured. In this case the 'enemy' also happens to be sitting on a bunch of black goop that your country runs on.
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
36,916
3,737
Sleazattle
Top 10 reasons we are in Iraq

10-WMDs, Doh
9-Saddam tortured and killed Iraqis, Doh
8-To bring freedom to Iraqis, unless you are a women Doh
7-To justify huge Defense expenditures to companies like Haliburton.
6-GW wanted to be a war president, can't have a war pres without a war.
5-Jesus told us to.
4-Wanted to distract voters from real issues for '04 elections
3-Saddam wanted to Kill Dubya's daddy.
2-Iraq knocked down the WTC
1-Need a base of operations for when we invade Iran in '06.

;)


Invading Canada would have been too easy.
 

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
3,029
61
Vancouver
Funny how in 1994, in Africa, when one million people were butchered in within a period of three months, no one went to help...not even Canada! Stuff like that is right up our alley.

Well...I guess they need to discover oil for everyone to run over there to "save" the people.

What a joke. I'm sure there are people worst off compared to the so-called suppressed Iraqis. You'd think we would evolved beyond all of this. Worst thing is, he's going to get away with it.
 

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
11,007
149
The Cleft of Venus
ChrisRobin said:
Funny how in 1994, in Africa, when one million people were butchered in within a period of three months, no one went to help...not even Canada! Stuff like that is right up our alley.

Well...I guess they need to discover oil for everyone to run over there to "save" the people.

What a joke. I'm sure there are people worst off compared to the so-called suppressed Iraqis. You'd think we would evolved beyond all of this. Worst thing is, he's going to get away with it.

So did the UN blue-ribbon committee ever decide if there was genocide in the Sudan yet?
 

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
3,029
61
Vancouver
N8 said:
So did the UN blue-ribbon committee ever decide if there was genocide in the Sudan yet?
There's no way I'm defending the UN...I know they sit back and when they do react, it's too late.

edit. I guess what I'm trying to say is even Canada is to blame for not going to to the right places at the right time. I think every strong country in the world is guilty of that. But then again, are we responsible to go and save every single country out there? Maybe only when there's a huge massacre like in 1994: one million people, that's huge.

As far as me (and others) being outside of the US, when read about and see footage of Iraq we can't help but see this weird chain of events.

This was my thought process:
-911 bombings...OMG, terrible. I couldn't even to imagine what it was like being near the bomb sites.
-Going to Afganistan to level the place...fine, find the guys that did it!
-End up in Iraq??..huh?? How did that happen?
-The US is stuck there for another 4 years....oh crap. For what reasons again??

N8, whatever, maybe I don't understand. Either way, I'm not insulting you or anyone...I'm just being Canadian! :D
 

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
7,792
36
Japan
stinkyboy said:
He must be busy with a "martini mix-off" or something.

I'll wait...

[tumbleweed rolls by]
No, it's his new hairstyle....didn't work out too well this time. I've managed to obtain these exclusive pictures.
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
36,916
3,737
Sleazattle
stinkyboy said:
N8, as a republican, what's your official response?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
N8 is not a Republican, he is a Republican lap dog. Since his masters have avoided the question they can't tell him when to bark.
 

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
15,192
0
¡Phoenix!
Westy said:
N8 is not a Republican, he is a Republican lap dog. Since his masters have avoided the question they can't tell him when to bark.


I feel something big is going to happen in the world, as W needs something to change the subject and to make him appear to be a leader. So sad...
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
36,916
3,737
Sleazattle
Bush, while talking to National Guard in Idaho, said that we went to Iraq to take the fight to the terrorists. So was the plan to create lawless anarchy in the Mid-East to attract them, Iraq as bait? Or did we consider Iraq a terrorist hot bed because of a few phone calls and an injured terrorist getting treatment?

Does anyone actually buy this crap?
 

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
11,007
149
The Cleft of Venus
Westy said:
Number of times Bush referred to WMD's and their like in that speach = 32
Number of WMD's found=0

Percent of world population who thought WMD's either existed to were soon to exist in post invasion Iraq = 99.99%
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
36,916
3,737
Sleazattle
N8 said:
Percent of world population who thought WMD's either existed to were soon to exist in post invasion Iraq = 99.99%
That is largely due to the marketing campaign of the Bush Admin. It seems clear to me that Bush was hell bent on invading and used poor and dubious intelligence to mount his campaign. Intelligence analysts were pressured to provide reports showing the existance of WMD's not the truth. Would you spend your money building a pink and purple house because a friend of your neighbors cousin said he new a guy that would buy it?
 

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
9,890
4
Hypernormality
N8 said:
Percent of world population who thought WMD's either existed to were soon to exist in post invasion Iraq = 99.99%
And our survey said:

WRONG!

Did you somehow manange to miss the huge demonstations that went on in most of the rest of the world (and indeed in America to a smaller extent) saying Bush was full of sh1t? Apparantly so.
 

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
6,599
0
ChrisRobin said:
I guess what I'm trying to say is even Canada is to blame for not going to to the right places at the right time.
Africa is a long ways to go on horseback.
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
36,916
3,737
Sleazattle
N8 said:
When you say Bush you mean Clinton right...??
Clinton was not the one using Nukular or Weapons of mass destruction every third word for a year or two. So the Republicans thought Clinton was completely full of **** about everything except WMD's in Iraq? Didn't the weapons inspectors in Iraq find absolutely nothing while Bush was in office? Or maybe Bush just wanted to use old and outdated information to tickle his invasion woody? Intelligence reports show that Germany was trying to off the Jewish race in Europe, we should invade.
 

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
2,334
0
Chatsworth
Westy said:
That is largely due to the marketing campaign of the Bush Admin. It seems clear to me that Bush was hell bent on invading and used poor and dubious intelligence to mount his campaign. Intelligence analysts were pressured to provide reports showing the existance of WMD's not the truth. Would you spend your money building a pink and purple house because a friend of your neighbors cousin said he new a guy that would buy it?
Well, there are a certain amount of people who will believe anything that is shoved down their throat. On the other hand, there are people who use facts and evidence to make an educated decision. The problem, however, the gullible people will argue their point, and won't admit when they're wrong.

There's nothing wrong with being a free thinker, who comes to their own conclusions...
 

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
3,978
1
Chandler, AZ, USA
Funny, that containment strategy Clinton had, the one Bush said had failed miserably, it turns out it was actually working. Iraq had no real chemical, biological or nuclear weapons. The only WMD found were a couple of 20 year old VX shells. They couldn't even get aluminum tubing to make rockets out of.

We found one actual terrorist, but we created thousands.

We took a stable country, with a government we didn't like, and replaced it with an unstable country, with a government we won't like.

We took those long suffering Iraqi people, and managed to get a lot of them killed, either as collateral damage, by insurgents, or by lack of sanatation and medical care after the invasion.

We took a socially progressive country, with reasonable treatment of women, and are replacing it with an islamic republic.

We took those brutal prisons with torture chanbers, and used them.

Yeah. George did good. Real Good.
 

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
6,640
4
SF, CA
Reactor said:
Funny, that containment strategy Clinton had, the one Bush said had failed miserably, it turns out it was actually working. Iraq had no real chemical, biological or nuclear weapons. The only WMD found were a couple of 20 year old VX shells. They couldn't even get aluminum tubing to make rockets out of.

We found one actual terrorist, but we created thousands.

We took a stable country, with a government we didn't like, and replaced it with an unstable country, with a government we won't like.

We took those long suffering Iraqi people, and managed to get a lot of them killed, either as collateral damage, by insurgents, or by lack of sanatation and medical care after the invasion.

We took a socially progressive country, with reasonable treatment of women, and are replacing it with an islamic republic.

We took those brutal prisons with torture chanbers, and used them.

Yeah. George did good. Real Good.
Well said.
 

PoserNewbie

Monkey
Feb 14, 2003
469
0
Lower Mainland, BC
Reactor said:
Funny, that containment strategy Clinton had, the one Bush said had failed miserably, it turns out it was actually working. Iraq had no real chemical, biological or nuclear weapons. The only WMD found were a couple of 20 year old VX shells. They couldn't even get aluminum tubing to make rockets out of.

We found one actual terrorist, but we created thousands.

We took a stable country, with a government we didn't like, and replaced it with an unstable country, with a government we won't like.

We took those long suffering Iraqi people, and managed to get a lot of them killed, either as collateral damage, by insurgents, or by lack of sanatation and medical care after the invasion.

We took a socially progressive country, with reasonable treatment of women, and are replacing it with an islamic republic.

We took those brutal prisons with torture chanbers, and used them.

Yeah. George did good. Real Good.
And in 10 years the US will have to re-invade Iraq for all the reasons listed above. Hey, gotta keep those defense contractors happy by creating a new war every decade.
 

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
11,007
149
The Cleft of Venus
I Are Baboon said:
Yes, but at least he was DECISIVE in destroying a country and creating more terrorists! :thumb:

[/sarcasm]

I don't know... they are forming a new constitution at the moment as a free people.

There is no popular support for the terrorists within the country who are killing dozens of Iraqi people a month.
 

I Are Baboon

Run, Forrest, Run!
Aug 6, 2001
29,453
2,023
MTB New England
N8 said:
I don't know... they are forming a new constitution at the moment as a free people.
This is great news. It will finally put an end to all the suicide bombings and fighting and the terrorists/insurgents will see the error of their ways. :thumb: