Quantcast

why do DHers think they are so extreme???

Originally posted by jacksonpt
I don't get it... How hard is it to put 8" of travel under you, lean back, and hold on? I definitely respect people who do it on a hard tail, but with a bunch of squish at each end, c'mon. Then to top it off... they hop in a Jeep or on a ski lift and get a ride to the top??? gimma a break.

I think the real men (and women) are those who climb... who have to struggle to keep traction just as hard as they fight to keep the cranks spinning - and that's on the EASY parts of the climb.
I have to say that I somewhat agree with what you are thinking, but the "extreme" aspect I think you are missing. (maybe or maybe not) I agree that more extreme DH/freeriders ride up the hill then back down it. But it is nice to ride a lift or shuttle, you can get more out of your day that way. Alot of our 8"travel bikes are too much to pedal up 3 miles of switch backs. I know many peeps that can but the majority cannot/will not do it. Myself being a person with no lungs ;) But to say that we are not "extreme" ( I hate that word) is kinda of harsh.......some people like to ride and choose this style over the XC style. But then alot do both and or road ride. but that comes off kinda mean.....don ya think?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by bibs
I have to say that I somewhat agree with what you are thinking,
My brother, he was goofin!

i think we can tell by what peoples post content is on here, on whether they are people who read the post and who are the people who read the thread.:)