Quantcast

Why do dogs make it so difficult??????

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
After weeks of going back and forth, we put our 16+yo Aussie Shepherd, Gabe, down. Severe arthritis, demising sight, losing his capabilities all added up to a lesser quality of life. Had him for a little over 8 years, rescuing him from a shelter. Loved taking him out on runs in our sandpit area. Had to put a bell on him so I could hear where he was. Cantankerous cus, too, like his owner!!

Run over the bridge, Gabe, play with our dogs that have gone before you, find a little (or big) blonde-haired girl who'll introduce you to the mammoths, and give them a what-for!!!!!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Sorry to hear it. If you're a dog person you go through several pooch life cycles over the course of your one go 'round. It never seems to get easier. Good on you for the rescue and for giving him a good home for the second half of his life.

Sorry to hear it. If you're a dog person you go through several pooch life cycles over the course of your one go 'round. It never seems to get easier.
true. over the last 30 years, i've gone thru it about once every 4 years. each one hurts just as much as the others. i love my dogs and they love me, i wouldn't have it any other way.

sorry about your little sidekick my dude...

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
Sorry for your loss. You guys gave him better life than he would have had otherwise.

Rest in peace, Gabe.