Quantcast

Why do I take this stupid Vitamin pill?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I take one every morning...why? Have been doing this for a couple of months.... I cannot run faster, jump higher, think faster than before. I feel the same as I did for the past 25 years. What is the point of it?

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I stopped taking mine. I keep telling myself I should start back. But my energy is fine and I am never sick. If you eat a balanced diet you don't need supplements.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Vitamin supplements make a noticeable difference when you have a deficiency(ies) and efficacy varies on dosage and the bioavailability of the form you are taking. It may help you in avoiding future complications but thats pretty hard to notice if its working.

Yeah and if you take too much and its water soluble you'll piss it out. Fat soluble and too much will make you sick...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Balanced Diet is Key, If your eating Healthy and Ba;lanced then you dont need to worry about it. Personally I only take vitamins 1. When Everyone around me is sick, then I will load up on C and E. And 2. When i am Dieting, I haven't been dieting for some time now, havent had a need. but when your shorting yourself your total amounts due to restricted diet, then Vitamins are a rpetty good idea.

Two things I do take on a regular Basis reguardless are a Calcium and Vitamin D supplement, and Glucosomine. Hard to se the results of those right away, but over time the Glucosomine makes a difference with My knees, and I take the Calcium/D for the given reason...... Strong Bones.

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Taking pills is so yesterday! Do it the Clemmens way and start injecting them. You will see a difference right away!!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I take the Calcium/D for the given reason...... Strong Bones.
Calcium helps your body in other ways but its not making your bones stronger unless you are younger.

The human body reaches its maximum density in the mid-twenties. Afterwards the density of Ca in the bone declines (faster in females than males). No supplement or drug has been found in scientific studies to increase Ca levels after you have reached your mid-twenties. You can slow the decline but you can't make your bones any stronger.

tacklespore

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Texas
The second reason is:
If you take it in the morning on an empty stomach it makes you feel nauseous. Which prevents people from stuffing the holes full of simple sugers until lunch.

tacklespore

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Texas
Calcium helps your body in other ways but its not making your bones stronger unless you are younger.

The human body reaches its maximum density in the mid-twenties. Afterwards the density of Ca in the bone declines (faster in females than males). No supplement or drug has been found in scientific studies to increase Ca levels after you have reached your mid-twenties. You can slow the decline but you can't make your bones any stronger.

Females and Cyclist are at higher risk of ostoporosis.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BTW, consuming lots of PowerGels, Clif Shots and Gu shots in a short period of time (say, over the course of a 24 hour race) will turn your poo interesting colors.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
At least you don't waste your money on Juice Plus. Thems some brainwashed folks.

The only supplement I take, if you can even call it that, is fish oil.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
At least you don't waste your money on Juice Plus. Thems some brainwashed folks.
It actually pisses me off. I don't want extra crap added to everything I eat - I just want juice/butter/bread/whatever in its raw form.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Kizzi77 was on something similar for a while. She was doing a clinical at some wellness center (she's a phys. therapist) and one of the other therapists sold her on it. After a couple months... she didnt notice a thing, and quit using it. I have 2 unopened jugs of the stuff in the cabinet. It was expensive as well.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
Kizzi77 was on something similar for a while. She was doing a clinical at some wellness center (she's a phys. therapist) and one of the other therapists sold her on it. After a couple months... she didnt notice a thing, and quit using it. I have 2 unopened jugs of the stuff in the cabinet. It was expensive as well.
Try snorting it, then report back to us...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Oh, Juice Plus is a supplement product, I thought you were talking about things like Tropican with extra calcium, etc...

If you don't eat lots of fruits and vegetables supplements like that are better than nothing...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
i have a network marketing Xango zelot that has mowed my grass in the summertime for the last 3 years.. he just knows he's gonna be a millionaire in a matter of just a few more months..

Xango, its bottle alone cures cancer!!!
http://www.xango.com/