Quantcast

Why do people hate fences?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
People yelled about Israel building a fence. People don't like the idea of a fence between Mexico and US.

Why? What's the objection?

(hypothetical answers appreciated if you don't know for sure)

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
GOod fences make good neighbors!!

There are two problems with fences in my opinion for national isolation.
1. Is the fence really going to fix the root problem, or is it just to please the masses.

2. Usually there is poor people on one side and wealthy people on the other. The wealthy nation doesn't want to see the poor nation, but as a good neighbor should they not try to help their neighbor prosper?? Or just exploit the neighbor's labor for DIVIDEND earning and while breaking the middle class pay scale of the wealthier country (trucking, manufacturing, agriculture are cheaper and less regulated in Mexico).

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
1. Is the fence really going to fix the root problem, or is it just to please the masses.
won't it?

A tall, solid fence between Mexico and US should keep illegals out, yeah?

And it's gotta be FAR cheaper than the constant battle.

Today, a guy in Colorado here was arrested for smuggling illegals. He has been deported 22 TIMES! Sounds like it's expensive.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
won't it?

A tall, solid fence between Mexico and US should keep illegals out, yeah?

So would a bunch of jacks littered all over the desert.

If they had good shoes they wouldn't be coming over here.

So seeing as they don't have good shoes, jacks would solve the problem. That and a bunch of those traps where you dig a big hole and cover it with branches.

And a sign that says "no mustaches in the USA". Seriously. Ban mustaches and you fix the problem. Huge exodus would immediately follow. You'd have to print it in spanish though.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Water slide into a moat or water slide into a fence.....what would you choose?
I am down with your moat idea.

Of course I also thing that we should have a drawbridge at every border crossing. And maces! Lots of maces. (I'm tellin ya... with enough swords and maces we won't need guns! Unless you're afraid to face me with a mace that is)

Personally I try not to think of them as mexicans... I like to think of them as my serfs. I am their lord and master. Feudalism works!!!!

Now if only they'd let me bash 'em in the head with my mace for not cutting my lawn correctly. :think:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
And a sign that says "no mustaches in the USA". Seriously. Ban mustaches and you fix the problem. Huge exodus would immediately follow. You'd have to print it in spanish though.
Reminds me of a true story....a bar around here was having trouble with gangs frequenting their establishment....Or I guess it was flirting with becoming a problem. In order to nip it in the bud, they decided to ban baseball cap. Problem solved almost immediately....

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I am down with your moat idea.

Of course I also thing that we should have a drawbridge at every border crossing. And maces! Lots of maces. (I'm tellin ya... with enough swords and maces we won't need guns! Unless you're afraid to face me with a mace that is)

Personally I try not to think of them as mexicans... I like to think of them as my serfs. I am their lord and master. Feudalism works!!!!

Now if only they'd let me bash 'em in the head with my mace for not cutting my lawn correctly. :think:
Can mexicans speak in "forsooths" and "anons"?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Reminds me of a true story....a bar around here was having trouble with gangs frequenting their establishment....Or I guess it was flirting with becoming a problem. In order to nip it in the bud, they decided to ban baseball cap. Problem solved almost immediately....
i think the problem wasn't gangs, but it was a gay bar named "the towel rack". it sent the wrong message.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I say an invisible fence is best. The trick is making the shock collars fashionable enough for people to WANT to wear them.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I say an invisible fence is best. The trick is making the shock collars fashionable enough for people to WANT to wear them.
a collar fashioned from 12 y.o. girls and 24 oz. bud cans is a bit too gangly

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
So why did the US want the Berlin wall to come down?? Aren't we being hypocritical??

Can't they dig tunnels or make holes in the fence?? Or will it be sunken cement or like THe Great Wall??

It's a very complex issue. Fixes are:
1. Prosecution of those who hire illegals. The employer should really be prosecuted for not paying social security tax, federal tax, state and local. Doesn't that put a huge strain on those systems??

2. Deportation. It's sad, but is a solution.

3. Make more of them legal, but at a rate the economy can tolerate. Weed out the criminals in the process.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I see no-one has bothered to give your question the serious response such an important issue demands. I think it's demonstrative of the paucity of ideas among the so-called "intelligentsia" of RM, who are too busy sipping lattes and trying on berets to come up with anything constructive.
Now to your question Loopie- A F*CKEN MOAT BITCH

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
berlin wall used to keep people in, remember?
gee, if only there were a system already in place.
Aren't we then just keeping the people of mexico locked in?? They don't have gills for the pacific or Gulf.

yes we have a system, but it obviously can tolerate more b/c of the huge amout that come over every year.

REagan made 12million or so of them legal and 20years or so before that (i forget the administration) they were made legal. Better to make them legal and get their share of revenue into the system instead of the under-the-table-economy that hurts working people.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I see no-one has bothered to give your question the serious response such an important issue demands. I think it's demonstrative of the paucity of ideas among the so-called "intelligentsia" of RM, who are too busy sipping lattes and trying on berets to come up with anything constructive.
Now to your question Loopie- A F*CKEN MOAT BITCH
Pure poetry!