Quantcast

Why do people walk funny?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I mean....barring injury or chronic panic of course.

There are people here who are just....all overthe place. One guy has his arms flailing about when he walks. Another guy bobs along. His head must move vertically 2 feet with every step. Another guy requires a 5 foot path (even though he's only like 5'7") because he leans back an forth, back and forth.....

Don't they realize that they are not walkign normally? There are plenty of people who DO walk normally. There's lots of examples around them? DO they not realize that what they are doing is NOT the same as what others are doing?

WHY? WHY? WHY?

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
maybe its the others that are walking funny. Not everyone has the same gate, why would everyone walk the same. maybe the people that walk the same are robots or aliens programmed to walk the same.

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
When I worked on a machine for my place...there was and probably still is a guy who used to bounce like a mother fu---- when he walked,he also used to eat like a freakin animal in the break room..

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
DRB said:
There's this old man here in town that sashays like 15 miles a day around town.

If you saw him walking, sashay would be the first that came to your mind.

New Orleans ladies
A sassy style that will drive you crazy
And they hold you like the light
Hugs the wick when this candle's burning
Them Creole babies
Thin and brown and downright lazy
And they roll just like a river
A little wade will last forever

All the way
From Bourbon Street to Esplanade
They sashaaaaaaaaay by...

New Orleans ladies
A flair for life, love, and laughter
And they hold you like the night
Holds a chill when this cold wind's blowing
Them Creole babies
They strut and sway from dusk til dawn
And they roll just like the river
A little wade will last forever

All the way
From Bourbon Street to Esplanade

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I only get unnerved when I hear thighs rubbing together.........from a distance.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Maybe they have to go poop and are trying to keep that gopher from pokin' while they get to the bathroom.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
DNA said:
Maybe they have to go poop and are trying to keep that gopher from pokin' while they get to the bathroom.
that was the first thing that came to mind.

:rofl: pokin gophers :rofl:

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
MMike said:

There are people here who are just....all overthe place. One guy has his arms flailing about when he walks. Another guy bobs along. His head must move vertically 2 feet with every step. Another guy requires a 5 foot path (even though he's only like 5'7") because he leans back an forth, back and forth.....

Don't they realize that they are not walkign normally? There are plenty of people who DO walk normally. There's lots of examples around them? DO they not realize that what they are doing is NOT the same as what others are doing?

WHY? WHY? WHY?

I hate to break it to you, but no one walks normally. I've yet to meet the 'perfect human', and little ailments such as one leg longer, weaker core muscles, tight tendons will make everyone walk differently. It’s a fact of life, and something that I’m glad for. We’re all different in each little persons way.

I say shut it and be glad for it :thumb:, as your probably weird in your own little ways.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
MMike said:

WHY? WHY? WHY?
MMike I think you just described everybody in the Fat Albert gangs walking style....

Atleast that is what popped into my head...the old cartoon. :D

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
MMike said:

WHY? WHY? WHY?
Dude ... your like ... scary. Must suck to be you. :D