Quantcast

Why Do Socially Awkward Women Hate Me?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Yes, that's precisely the same thing. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just me. A ring - even an engagement ring - is a gift.
Actually, depending on the state and the conditions surrounding it, an engagement ring is not a gift. It's part of a contract.

Do a few searches and you'll find cases where the ring had to be returned. Not all mind you and it's not hard and fast, but some men have been successful in suing for the ring back. :thumb:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Actually, depending on the state and the conditions surrounding it, an engagement ring is not a gift. It's part of a contract.
I didn't mean legally. I wasn't questioning whether or not you could successfully sue for it, I just thought the man in question should probably brush the sand out of his panties :p

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Yes, that's precisely the same thing. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just me. A ring - even an engagement ring - is a gift. The decision is more important than the diamond and if you know the person well enough to be proposing, you should have a fairly good handle on what kind of individual they are and where your relationship stands. When you give something expensive to someone, it's never a sure thing.

As I said, morally I would say she is obligated to give the ring back, but if she doesn't, suck it up and move on with life.
I guess it would depend on the situation. If you got engaged and 3 months later saw your chick cleaning some guys knob. I'd defiantly break off the engagement and want the ring back. The whore don't deserve to keep it.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
If I dropped 8K on a ring, I'd want it back as well. I have all three of the rings I bought.

I keep them in my little "Love will suck the life out of you" box.

If I ever get married again, I'm just gonna let her pick one...
Just have a jeweler take the stones out and then mount them all into one Uber-ring!!

Then it isn't like you are re-gifting them. ;):lighten: