Quantcast

Why Do Socially Awkward Women Hate Me?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I'm a big fan of yours. If you ever come to Denver, I'd buy you (a really good) dinner and non-alcoholic beverages and go for a ride. That said, this thread is stupid.

I can't speak about Graphics, but Beth is pretty darn cool and you probably did deserve -rep :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
She's a mess. She won't return the ring to her ex, so lawsuits are flying all over the place.
You can sue a girl for not returning a ring? WTF?

He gave it to her. It was a gift. If she wants to keep it, too friggin' bad for him. I mean, yeah, morally she should probably return it, but geez...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
She's a mess. She won't return the ring to her ex, so lawsuits are flying all over the place.

:sad:
Sounds like she needs the kind of calm reassurance that only semen in her hair can provide.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
You can sue a girl for not returning a ring? WTF?

He gave it to her. It was a gift. If she wants to keep it, too friggin' bad for him. I mean, yeah, morally she should probably return it, but geez...

I think legally that until the marriage happens, the ring is his property.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I think there was a case somewhere where a judge (female, fwiw) ruled that an engaged woman who broke off the engagement was required to return the ring, treating the matter as a penalty for breaking a verbal contract.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Well, then he's just a whiny cunt for suing over it.

IMO.
If I dropped 8K on a ring, I'd want it back as well. I have all three of the rings I bought.

I keep them in my little "Love will suck the life out of you" box.

If I ever get married again, I'm just gonna let her pick one...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
If I dropped 8K on a ring, I'd want it back as well. I have all three of the rings I bought.

Sell them. Buy a bass boat.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
WTF?

If someone did $5k of damage to your car, would you ignore it and just get over it?
Yes, that's precisely the same thing. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just me. A ring - even an engagement ring - is a gift. The decision is more important than the diamond and if you know the person well enough to be proposing, you should have a fairly good handle on what kind of individual they are and where your relationship stands. When you give something expensive to someone, it's never a sure thing.

As I said, morally I would say she is obligated to give the ring back, but if she doesn't, suck it up and move on with life.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Nah Stinky, send the rings to me and I'll turn them int one hell of a blingin head tube badge for ya.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Maybe it's just me. A ring - even an engagement ring - is a gift. The decision is more important than the diamond and if you know the person well enough to be proposing, you should have a fairly good handle on what kind of individual they are and where your relationship stands. When you give something expensive to someone, it's never a sure thing.

As I said, morally I would say she is obligated to give the ring back, but if she doesn't, suck it up and move on with life.

I agree with BV.

The fact that she won't return the ring says a lot about her character or lack there of. I personally would not romantically pursue a woman like that no matter how hot she is, it's a good indication of what's to come.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
You fvcked up. That doesn't mean it's bad.

The idea of being with one person for life freaks me out. A couple years in and you've heard all of her stories, the sex is always the same and I'm sure my antics become less and less funny, so we part ways.

I'm not bitter, I'm just getting in as much as I can.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
The fact that she won't return the ring says a lot about her character or lack there of. I personally would not romantically pursue a woman like that no matter how hot she is, it's a good indication of what's to come.
What if she was putting on an act? I agree about not marrying such a chick, but I've known women to pretend to be someone else and able to do it for many months. Just sayin', maybe she fooled the guy?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I agree with BV.

They're both suddenly having to come up with deposits, etc. for new living quarters and both want the ring to offset costs me thinks.