Quantcast

Why do you like beer?

Your favorite beer quality (multiple voting enabled)

• It tastes good

Votes: 45 67.2%
  • It's cold and refreshing even in winter

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • It's bubbly...usually

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • The alcamahol is relaxing

Votes: 34 50.7%
  • The burping effect

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • It goes good with food

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I don't like beer and am obviously a space alien

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • other (because I like being difficult)

Votes: 12 17.9%

• Total voters

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
First and foremost, it tastes good. It's funny how something that most peole think tastes so aweful when you first try it (as a kid or whatever) ends up being the best tasting stuff on earth.

I :heart: beer!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I hated, hated beer the first time I really drank it. Of course, that could be because I started out on BUD. Well now I love beer and Bud still tastes like camel ass.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I :heart: the taste of good beer. I :heart: it when a beer tastes like it should be very hearty and heavy but is actually refreshing.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
one thing i really like is the diversity. and the fact that small brewers are generally very passionate and go to great lengths to deliver their vision of beer should taste like.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
its definitley for the taste that does it for me, there is nothing i enjoy more than the taste of a good beer.
i started off drinking it mainly to get sh*t-faced, and slowly i aquired a taste for the beautiful brown liquid we call beer.
i love it, from the beautiful rich heart warming taste of a good beer to the gentle fizzy feel in your mouth as it slips down your throat, and obviously the nice cozy feeling of contentness and relaxation as he alcohol starts to take effect.

MMMmmmmmm Beeeeeer... :drool:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
If forced at gunpoint, I could pick just one, but really, it was several of those reasons listed.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
narlus said:
one thing i really like is the diversity. and the fact that small brewers are generally very passionate and go to great lengths to deliver their vision of beer should taste like.
ditto. i also like the fact that the best beers on earth are relatively cheap (at least compared to any other alcoholic beverage).

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I love beer. I love the taste, the nuances of different brews, the craftsmanship aspects, the never-ending journey to try new stuff, etc.

But when I think of my best beer memories, it's less about what was in the glass and more about the people that raised their glasses with me.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
ghostrider said:
Man, I had to click all of the above exept the 2nd to last one.
Me too!

I love beer!!! For so many reasons...

The way a nice stout goes down all smooth... a nice crisp refreshing pale ale on a hot day... Winter/seasonal brews! Freaking out beer n00bs with beer that you can't see through. Chimay. Feeling all wonky after a few beers. Feeling even wonkier after too many beers. Sharing beers with friends. Making new friends by sharing beer. The first time you have a beer as an adult with your dad. Having a beer with your wifes dad and realizing that he's a very cool dude (and vice versa). Coming home after a hard day and finding that beer is there waiting for you with open arms. Making fun of friends who drink Bud, Miller and Coors. The applause recieved after making a perfect black and tan. Sneaking out and drinking beer with your friends at 16 and realizing that you know the secrets of the universe. Drinking beers with your friends at 36 and realizing that you were an idiot at 16! Beer and steak! Beer and lobster! Beer and pizza!!!! Discovering new beers. Traveling the world and having a different beer in a different place. Raiding Partsbara's beer once he gets to the states and isn't looking!!!

I love beer... for so many reasons.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
GumbaFish said:
Like wheat beer eh? Ever try the franziskaner dunkel? Its pretty good on tap at least. I also enjoyed various Ayinger and Julius Echter that might be up your alley.
those two cases are franziskaner dunkel... one of my faves for sure...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
DaveW said:
If it wasn't for the fact your an Aussie... I'd be genuflecting right now! :thumb: :trophy_br

WORSHIP ME KIWI :)

lookin forward to drinkin a few of them mate... if ya ever in CA, gimmie a call... i d happily share a few with ya...